simulation tool

I encounter a website for simulation tool in search

http://www.flycarpet.net/ for your ref

regards
    LC

I hear...I forget;I see...I remember;I do...I understand

Peterson Guest

Re: simulation tool

There are several simulation software for designing small to medium size air conditioning and refrigeration systems. I'd like to recommend as follows.

1. Modellica. I find in Google and download the trial version. This is the best, very powerful and popular among academics. But It's very expensive to afford, extremely complicated, and hard to use. It's suitable for advance research not appropriate for engineers to design systems.

2. Airware. It is made in Australia. I don't how to find this on Internet. But I used to use this software to design a lot of medium size air conditioning system. It is very easy to use and pratical. We can ask that in air conditioner manufacuterers. I recommend this the best.

3. Copesim. I am not quite sure I can find this from the website of Copesim, but I think you can ask the CD from Copeland sale office for trial version, but real version you have to buy. For the trial version, we can make simulation not more than 25 times.

4. HPRATE. Just go to Google and type the word. We have to buy it. But I think there are a lot of things must be done for the improvement.

5. Go to website "http://www.ornl.gov/~wlj/hpdm". This is a simulation tool on the web.

Best Regards,

Hi LC,

Here is another link you may want to review.

http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/default.htm

Hello Mr. Peterson, nice to see you

Yes, you are right, Modellica, definately is not for engineers with practical problems

Maybe this one ( ) it is not free:
    http://www.frigosoft.no/frigosim/

Oh, I don't know there are so many simulation tools. I think it's for advanced researcher. For me ,Excel is more enough
    many thanks

yours truly
    LC

LC,

Have you been reviewing the EES demo you downloaded?

Are you having any problems using the demo?

There are some other modeling programs not listed in the replies. Unfortunately the other programs I am thinking about are quite expensive. They are used for modeling chemical processes in refinery and chemical plants.

Yes, I have used some essential function of it. But it prevents save\copy\paste\print etc operation which make me unhappy. I believe it's a useful one for HVAC /refrigeration engineer use. Now there are too many softwares ,but I don't want drop into the software's ocean. So far i finished my calculation in Excel sheet. EES is one of my choice . Would you pls confirm if it's enough for a refrigeration engineer to master EES +offices+autoCAD? My opinion is that" a good engineer is not at how many softwares he master but his engineering brain and suitable software can work out beautiful work . is it correct?

thanks for your kind attention

best regards
    LC

Hi LC,

Would you pls confirm if it's enough for a refrigeration engineer to master EES +offices+autoCAD?
    I would say if you can master EES + Office + AutoCAD you are indeed a kung fu master. EES takes some time to get use to the writing your models, but once this is done you can do so much more accurate work.

(PS... Don't tell your boss)

I like EES because you can run parametric routines to see the relationship and dependency of variables. For almost the last 10 years I use EES and Excel for almost everything I do.

My opinion is that" a good engineer is not at how many softwares he master but his engineering brain and suitable software can work out beautiful work . is it correct?
    I agree with you. I would rather spend the time to learn how the systems and variables work together. Learning new software takes too much time to be effective and still get some work done if you know what I mean.