Buying Refrigerator (NEED HELP!!!)

I decided to sell my 3yr old Samsung No-Frost 8 cubic Ref when we realize how energy hog it is. Our neighbor has a Samsung Direct-Cooling 8cubic Ref and their electricity bill is very much lower than ours, we have the same set of appliances except from our Refrigerators.

Planning to buy a new one that consumes much less energy than our current. I went to the appliance store looking through different brands, I myself concentrated on the direct cooling ones but then I came across Samsung No-Frost Inverter 8 cubic Ref. I know the benefits of inverter in aircon but do they offer the same energy efficiency in Refrigerators ??

My question is; comparing a direct cooling ref vs an inverter ref but the inverter is still no-frost, does inverter offer less electricity bill than direct cooling ?? and how much percentage ??

comparing also a regular my samsung no-frost 8 cubic to that samsung no-frost inverter 8 cubic ref, how much will be the probable percentage of energy bill savings if I replace my no-frost to a new no-frost but inverter ref ??

Re: Buying Refrigerator (NEED HELP!!!)

Can't help with your question, but I'm sure glad that my household budget doesn't revolve around how much my fridge/freezer costs to run

Simples DONT buy a SAMSUNG, look at Panasonic better build cheaper to run http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_G...548/index.html
    check out my website www.airkooldomestics.co.uk

dont take ur misses with u- i was gonna buy a panasonic inverter yanky style fridge/freezer but she who wears the underpants opted for a daewoo!!!!!- she did say i can get it next time- £1400 quid- but cold beers and l.e.d lighting!!!

get an energy moniter- see whats zappin ur power- lights,kitchen equipment,air con and kids all contribute to your bill- be cheaper upping the stat,cleaning the condenser helps
    Last edited by install monkey; 12-08-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Get the same model fridge as your neighbour, but make sure to only put the same stuff in it at the same temperature and only open the door the same amount as the neighbour!
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)