Question Replacement exp valve

Hi all
    we have a failed exp valve which needs changing on a eaton Williams 700 series which is around 14 years old but cnt find a replacementimage.jpghave spoke with h r p who said that danfoss do not make this valve any more the nearest they have is TGEX 7.5 067N2006 or TGEX 7.5 067N2156 we not sure which valve to go for if any of them will work right on the unit we have
    any pints would be great
    thanks
    Paul
    Last edited by Paul a/c; 11-08-2013 at 10:53 AM.

Re: Replacement exp valve

So long as the duty, temperature range, refrigerant type and the mop rating are the same i don't see a problem with going fro a different model or make of valve. Also pipe sizing and configuration would be a factor in making an easy swap.
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Ok what is the mop ?

just to sort out things is it a valve body failure or a power head failure, as I am sure you aut to be able to scare up a new power eliment or a new pin orifice assembly.

Other then that as Monkey said, so long as the ratings match your golden all so pay mind tot he MOP rating, this is for an air con, or chiller?

MOP = Maximum Opperating Pressure It limmits suction pressure to this level so it won't go higher then the valve rating if I recall, it is to aid in preventing compressor over loading durring a hot pull down, mostly specified in chillers and air con systems
    Last edited by The MG Pony; 11-08-2013 at 01:57 PM.
    Now in Redvers Sask.

It's for an aircon unit the mop rating on the other valves we have been asked about are 100 the valve in place is mop 120.the body has failed you can not adjust it at all was giving L . P faults and iceing up tryed adjusting it but will not move at all . Reclaim all the gas out 25 kg of 407c which we should have and temp both sides of filter dier was the same

well since you are using 407c you can just get a valve for that and specify it is for an air con and go off what they recomend for the mop 100 would be fine. Sporland R-22 valvs have two mop charges for the air con, on is the VGA charge the other is a VCP100 charge
    Now in Redvers Sask.

Ok cheers il ring H R P on Monday and get them to send one over to the size of pipe we need .

We have them here. If you are not in hurry, I can order one and ship it over.

Ok thanks il check with the boss in morning and see if we can wait. Do you know how much they are and is it the type in photo .

Koolasfcuk Guest

Have you tried Dean and Woods? I had the very same problem as these valves are obsolete, but they have a superceeded version for a R407c system.
    Valve I wanted was a TDEZ 8 PART NUMBER 068H7167
    New one is A TGEZ 7 067N400600