jasonobyrne Guest

Daikin E3 fault during commissioning

Hi guys, hoping somebody can help me out. During commissioning a Daikin vrvIII multi with 3 outdoors a valve was left closed on one unit causing an E3 fault. After opening valve and resetting system, tried to start again and test run only lasts a few minutes and trips out on E3. Same problem several times. Am I not resetting properly, killing indoor power, then outdoors, power back all indoors then condensers while holding reset on master outdoor for 30 seconds. System initialises fine and I can start a test run but same fault occurs after a few minutes but no issues with my gas pressures in the short few minutes they run. Thanks

Re: Daikin E3 fault during commissioning

page 24 of install manual states press bs3 return button after correcting,doesnt mention powering down

e3- over charged or as you say stop valve shut- did u pressure test,vac system and add 80% of the additional charge before powering up indoors- otherwise ur valves will drive shut

Quote Originally Posted by jasonobyrne View Post
    Hi guys, hoping somebody can help me out. During commissioning a Daikin vrvIII multi with 3 outdoors a valve was left closed on one unit causing an E3 fault. After opening valve and resetting system, tried to start again and test run only lasts a few minutes and trips out on E3. Same problem several times. Am I not resetting properly, killing indoor power, then outdoors, power back all indoors then condensers while holding reset on master outdoor for 30 seconds. System initialises fine and I can start a test run but same fault occurs after a few minutes but no issues with my gas pressures in the short few minutes they run. Thanks
    I would check the indoor/BS units are correct from outdoor unit. Then, I would set the system in refrigerant recovery mode for 2-3 minutes, this will equalise the pressure and send an OFF command to all indoor units once you hit the mode button back to normal state H3P ON. Then carry out the test run.

Turn indoors off and push return button twice , wil clear the fault from outdoor if there isnt an actual fault ,, keeps the fault on till return is pushed twice ..worth a try

As install monkey said , but iv had to push it twice to clear