Alternative tool for blowing out condensers

Hi just wondered if anyone had any suggestions on tools to blow out condensers . I usually use off but it's a bit of a nuisance carrying around . Small air compressor or some sort of blower would b great but can't seem to find anything on the market to buy

Blog Entries

Re: Alternative tool for blowing out condensers

I use nitrogen but any inert gas will do.

I use a hand held electric blower.

It works as a vac in one direction and a blower in the other.
    It's great for blowing condensers clean and unblocking case drains.

Rob

.. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..

A D of OFN is my favourite so far. Currently I work for a firm where we don't have any van stock of OFN, so have also been experimenting with alternatives.
    I've tried using an empty (properly empty, mind you) R bottle filled with compressed air. I can't get enough air into the bottle with my small compressor to make it really worthwhile. Said comp is a bit unwieldy to carry up lots of stairs, etc. So is the company's one, although it has a slightly smaller tank.
    We have a couple of 20L wet vacs, but not enough to go around. Besides, you don't want them out in all weathers (we run trayback utes with tool boxes).
    On of my mates has a Milwaukee battery wet vac / blower which I've been eyeing up. I may ask to experiment with it. (Incidentally Milwaukee are hitting Oz big time at the moment & seem to be highly popular. Are they in the UK yet?)
    Actrol (a fridge wholesaler) offer a small OFN bottle with gauges to suit. Dead handy for really awkward access routes, but blimmin expensive way of buying OFN.
    I did consider Sodastream bottles & butchering an old Sodastream for the valve / trigger assembly. But then I discovered that the bottle are the same price as a D of OFN locally!!!! :O
    I think if you can find a suitable, reasonably high pressure blower or vac/blower, or a diver's air bottle & a compressor capable of filling it, they'd be the most cost effective tools.
    No use for blowing out condensers, but for drains I have a Clenair A/C drain sucker which works very well. I've added some extra PVC hose sizes to cover various sizes of condensate drain. The only down side is that the clips holding the valves together are spring steel, not stainless & have rusted out. I replaced them easily enough & treated the new ones with penetrol for some rust resistance.

garden hose or pressure washer

True Richard. I hadn't bothered with that as the OP asked about gadgets. I assumed he is a lover of tools & gadgets, like so many of us.

We do wash out every outdoor condenser (& some indoors, if we can avoid flooding the building!) on a regular basis to try & combat the salt air problems here.

It's mainly for little vertical freezers and chillers I'm sick of carrying ofn around for smaller jobs . Just wondered if there was maybe a liitle air compressor or something on the market I could buy . I have asked must suppliers but no luck . I do love to waste my money on tools . I'm very sad like that

Thanks I think ill defo give the Milwaukee blower a look . Have a Milwaukee impact driver great bit of kit