Mitsubishi Electric - Procon ip/50

Guys. A little help is required.
    Possibly have a Mitsi problem, Procon problem or BMS problem.

We have a number of Mitsubishi VRF systems on a site, 3 systems controlled by AG-150 No.1, and 3 systems controlled by AG-150 No.2.
    Each AG-150 connected to a Procon IP50 interface. Which is used to talk to the BMS system and front end computer.

One of the Procon IP50s would intermitently flash the red LED, then the front end computer displayed 4 alarms in the space of 1 second for one AC unit address... Then another... Then another.
    eg...
    AC12- value 0.0
    AC12- alarm On
    AC12- value 8000
    AC12- normal

We tried swapping interfaces, and the problem went with the interface. then we fit a new one, which seemed to work. Now after 6 weeks, the problems are back. But not as frequent.

No faults were found on the Mitsubishi system. And i know that 8000 is a Mitsi code for 'normal'
    The BMS company are adament that the problem lies within the Air con, whereas i am sure the problem lies within the BMS.

Has anybody had a similar problem or know of how to sort it?

Re: Mitsubishi Electric - Procon ip/50

Most intermittent issues are due to noise. Some noise are difficult to handle even with shielded cables.
    Some cases will solved with Foil type, some cases have to use Braid type and worse case used combination of both foil and braid type.
    One noise issue I faced last year was due to add-in speakers sound system. Not only speaker cables but also speaker location are quite close to our Mnet line. Problem is that outdoor can't detect the some of the indoor units. Sometimes 4 units missing, sometime 6 units missing (6607). I need to borrow a scope to analyse the wave shapes and so on. Very tedious job to do after all. Please look into external sources of noise.
    Your Air Con is normal and no error was found such as 6607, 6600 and etc, then BMS have to find out for either noise or networks traffic. Both parties have to inspect jointly.

Or,
    You could ask the control guys to put an interrogation loop in to their software.
    For intermittent faults thay could monitor for the alarms continously but not flag them up unless they been reported for 2 minutes. If the alarm disappear before the 2 minutes are up the BMS would ignore it.

Hiding the problem befind a sticky plaster? Oh yes, but probably the easies/cheapest/quickest solution and any real fault would still be there after 2 minutes.

Just my 10p

Quote Originally Posted by CraigMac0113 View Post
    Guys. A little help is required.
    Possibly have a Mitsi problem, Procon problem or BMS problem.

We have a number of Mitsubishi VRF systems on a site, 3 systems controlled by AG-150 No.1, and 3 systems controlled by AG-150 No.2.
    Each AG-150 connected to a Procon IP50 interface. Which is used to talk to the BMS system and front end computer.

One of the Procon IP50s would intermitently flash the red LED, then the front end computer displayed 4 alarms in the space of 1 second for one AC unit address... Then another... Then another.
    eg...
    AC12- value 0.0
    AC12- alarm On
    AC12- value 8000
    AC12- normal

We tried swapping interfaces, and the problem went with the interface. then we fit a new one, which seemed to work. Now after 6 weeks, the problems are back. But not as frequent.

No faults were found on the Mitsubishi system. And i know that 8000 is a Mitsi code for 'normal'
    The BMS company are adament that the problem lies within the Air con, whereas i am sure the problem lies within the BMS.

Has anybody had a similar problem or know of how to sort it?
    Does the AG150 record these faults? Or any faults?

Thought it was time i got back to this thread....

Thanks for your inputs, and sorry it took so long,
    I have not been called back to site since April so i assume that after my last report they looked into the BMS system...
    Or they are just ignoring it.