Samsung RS21 Fridge Problems

Hi - I have recently purchased a house which has a Samsung RS21 Fridge/Freezer in it, the freezer works without problem and keeps a study temperature but the fridge constantly alters it's temperature between 8c and 22c - the majority of the time it's around the 18c mark.

I've looked online and came across several articles that all seem to have different solutions so I wanted to ask myself to at least try and narrow down the fault - if anyone has any ideas of areas I should consider checking then please let know.

Cheers

Re: Samsung RS21 Fridge Problems

RS21. Was there a noise when you closed the fridge side door? Common fault with the ones in Aus is the defrost heater fails and the fridge side evaporator coil ices up. Second, the insulation fails after several years and ice continues to build in the fridge compartment, behind the internal rear wall. This vid might help.
    NB: VID MIGHT BE CONSIDERED AS A BREACH OF R.E. REGULATIONS.
    Last edited by mikeref; 30-07-2013 at 10:28 AM.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Re: Samsung RS21 Fridge Problems

I'll double check tonight, I don't recall any noise when I closed the door.

Seems that both problems relate to ice building up so I'm guessing I could either remove the back panel and check or defrost and see what happens.

I would be interested in seeing the vid so perhaps you could PM me the hyperlink if it doesn't breach regulations etc

Brigh