Thermo king shaft leak

Thermo king shaft leak
    Ok guys I got stuck helping a friend find a leak on his thermo king refrigeration truck it's a md-2 max unit 404a well I found the problem it leaks at the shaft so I went to a thermo king dealer and spent 400 on all the seals and changed them out but it still leaks idle what to do I'm gonna try to polish the shaft and see if that help any one have any ideas

Just polished the shaft did not work gonna try and mic the shaft for some wear

Re: Thermo king shaft leak

did you lube the seal and i mean drench the new seal with compressor oil and obviously put the disk that goes into the housing the correct way round,you must be a competent guy to do this job or you would not have attempted it.

Quote Originally Posted by cadwaladr View Post
    did you lube the seal and i mean drench the new seal with compressor oil and obviously put the disk that goes into the housing the correct way round,you must be a competent guy to do this job or you would not have attempted it.
    ya got it going like you said i left the seals in compressor oil and cleaned everything very thoroughly . even wore plastic gloves to put back together after that no leak. lessened learned about cleaning and keeping parts lubricated .

well done ,glad to know iI helped take care.