CANDY CFO158 not cooling properly.

Hello to all!

I am completely novice to servicing refrigerators and therefore I apologize in advance for any and all confusing information I may or may not provide.

The problem:

Fridge with freezer compartment CANDY CFO158 is not cooling properly. I've had a thermometer in the fridge now for about two days and the lowest temperature I've seen up until now is about 15 degrees centigrade, way too warm. :S I am not entirely sure, but it does sound like the compressor is working constantly, regardless of which setting the fridge is set for.

What I have done to try and fix it:

I have researched some on the internet and tried everything I've found. I've moved the fridge out and put a fan on the backside as the black cooling mesh was burning hot. Didn't help at all.
    I've played around with the thermostat knob and tried both the "1" and the "7" setting, there is no difference in temperature.
    I've tried resetting the fridge by turning the thermostat off and unplugging the fridge, no success.
    I opened up the little compartment where the thermostat is and had a look at it and to me it looks like it is working the way it should, mechanically, doesn't necessarily mean it works electronically? There is a little spring inside the thermostat and when I turn the know the spring is compressed, I'm guessing this is what regulates the temperature setting.

Please advise on what the next step is?

I feel like it is still the thermostat that is probably broken based on the fact that the compressor is working 24/7 even with the fridge set to "1".. Therefore it feels like the thermostat is not sending the correct info to the compressor about when and how much to work?

Or is it rather the compressor that is unable to cool the fridge adequately? It works and works but because it doesn't cool anything the thermostat never tells it to stop working?

If necessary I'll happily supply pictures to facilitate the process of figuring out what is wrong.

Annoyingly the fridge is now 2.5 years old and in France CANDY only supplies a 1 year warranty, the store 2 year warranty but in the UK I believe that CANDY supplies a 5 year warranty for parts and labour?

Anyways, any and all suggestions and solutions will be greatly appreciated and thoroughly tested.

Thanks in advance!

// Sebastian

Re: CANDY CFO158 not cooling properly.

sounds like compressor fault
    check out my website www.airkooldomestics.co.uk