Following on from my post yesterday regarding the failure of 2 compressors, I have dug a little deeper. I have one compressor down to earth and one blowing off on the internal PRV, now did you know that LG have known about this problem for a long time? The problems are caused by faulty fan speed controllers, the more people that I mention it to are saying oh yes, we have had FSC's failing, some have been caught before the compressors have been blowing on the PRV for prolonged periods, others have resulted in the PRV's blowing continually and cooking the compressors.

This has been confirmed by a colleague of mine at another company who has installed literally hundreds of LG's and once they reach 18 months old..........you got problems, mine have just reached 18 months. This has also been confirmed by an LG ditributor, I hasten to add not Shorts Environmental who supplied the equipment, I have found them difficult from a past experience with a problem that was never sorted out. Why do they treat us like mushrooms and keep us in the dark, why do they not have regular service bulletins to inform contractors of current problems so we can do something about it before it results in major failure, why are they so unhelpful and always work against you and not with you. Ever felt cheated?

As a cheaper alternative to LG check out the Mitsi M series, cheap as chips.