Thumbs up ryp250b7w1 e0 code

Hi everyone.

I'm new here so ill introduce myself. I'm oliver and have been a HVAC engineer since I was 16 so 10 years. I am a heating engineer with light electrical and AC skills.

I was asked to assist an AC engineer today as he was struggling. I went over to the site and they had 4 x ryp250b7w1 with one in E0 fault which is protection device. We tested and bridged out protective devices and unit was still in fault.

The pcb had a flashing green light with solid red.

The room the units were in was very poorly designed and the room temperature was over 50 degrees. I'm well aware the units should not operate above 47 degrees so will not help at all.

The compressor was unbelievably hot but hasn't appeared to run. I'm wondering if the scroll compressor has thermally tripped because of the high heat but wondering if this is because if the room temperature or because of something else?

I would expect it to happen to all 4 units if it were the high room temp.

Any help on working out what's going on would be great.
    I'm currently quoting to change the way the room in designed to allow more airflow and we have turned the units off to cool all down so we can test tomorrow.

Re: ryp250b7w1 e0 code

outdoor pcb has phase protection,and possibly rotation protection- if u got 240 in/out of hp,lp, outdoor fan thermistor-q12 - and compressor overload (under the contactor) then swap outdoor pcb

The E0 error code is generated when either the internal compressor or condenser fan O/L goes open circuit

As the compressor is 'Hot', It would be my first choice to check the gas charge. The indoor temperature is not anything to do with the maximum operating temperature. This is based on the outdoor temperature and refers to the limit of heat rejection.

You should not bypass the protection circuits to enable the system to run, as you will just damage the system.
    If you are not familiar with these types of cooling systems, I would suggest you get a professional in to assist.

As a Heating Engineer, would you volunteer to assist a laboratory chemist with a problem? Each to their own I say.

The compressor was unbelievably hot but hasn't appeared to run.

check u have 3 phase at the contactor-through the contactor,overload and actually at the compressor pins.
    overload is rated at 25amp -so if its siezed or 2 phasing- hope u havent linked it out- then you will draw high current and will be cooking the compressor

Quote:
    As the compressor is 'Hot', It would be my first choice to check the gas charge. The indoor temperature is not anything to do with the maximum operating temperature. This is based on the outdoor temperature and refers to the limit of heat rejection.

You should not bypass the protection circuits to enable the system to run, as you will just damage the system.
    If you are not familiar with these types of cooling systems, I would suggest you get a professional in to assist.

As a Heating Engineer, would you volunteer to assist a laboratory chemist with a problem? Each to their own I say.

You misunderstand me. The 50 plus degrees is the outdoor temperature. The units have been installed in a listed building thus have had to be fitted internally so a room with air vents has been created and outdoor units fitted in here

I also don't agree with your comments regarding myself not helping another engineer out. We work at the same firm and if that's the only help available then that's good help in my book. It's totally different than me working with a lab assistant as I ain't trained as a lab assistant. I'm trained as a city and guilds heating and ventilation, air conditioning engineer.

Also by passing protection was to verify the fault not to get it running then leave running. Once verified as working it was reinstalled as should. If been to many a boiler with every safety feature bypassed and left mind

Install monkey:

All these checked except out door fan thermistor - q12. Also 240v at each phase and 415v between

Quote Originally Posted by Oliverst14 View Post
    Also by passing protection was to verify the fault not to get it running then leave running. Once verified as working it was reinstalled as should. If been to many a boiler with every safety feature bypassed and left mind
    Went to one of the trance units once with those terrible American has burners on, the ones with the test cards where you bridge a coin to get running. There was a gas pressure and air pressure switch both bridged out with the burner running 24/7. Not good so had to strip burners and replace parts cause of damage. Reinstated safeties and tested

The room the units were in was very poorly designed and the room temperature was over 50 degrees.

Maybe you should have been more specific about which room you were talking about.
    Normally, I would assume that the air cooled condenser would be outdoors.

I'm wondering if the scroll compressor has thermally tripped

The E0 error code tells you that the compressor has tripped on internal overload.

I am a heating engineer with light electrical and AC skills.

I'm trained as a city and guilds heating and ventilation, air conditioning engineer.

Make your mind up