Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: How to make freezer slow freeze poultry

Quote Originally Posted by rjsinoz View Post
    let some gas out soyou dont let it get below -5 plus without the full gas charge it would take a long time to get to temp
    An absolte no no
    Less refrigerant bigger compression ratio very high suction superheat
    Lending to a very high discharge temp oil breakdown and comp failure

yes yes yes
    its a little dome compressor who spends it life running in a vacuum with no real heat rejection, ie condensor is in insulation of freezer walls or pushed hard up against a wall in a kitchen,the oil breakdown happens after 1 year of running anyways it will keep on kicking along

yes yes yes
    its a little dome compressor who spends it life running in a vacuum with no real heat rejection, ie condensor is in insulation of freezer walls or pushed hard up against a wall in a kitchen,the oil breakdown happens after 1 year of running anyways it will keep on kicking along
    The actual design working pressure is irrelevent by remo inv the refrigerant you increase compression ration
    And more of concern is suction superheat increase so your option is totally wrong
    Sorry young man

Quote Originally Posted by mad fridgie View Post
    The actual design working pressure is irrelevent by remo inv the refrigerant you increase compression ration
    And more of concern is suction superheat increase so your option is totally wrong
    Sorry young man

so why is my chest freezer which holds my beer still running at -2 after a year than old man

So to hold your beer at -2 you let the refrigerant out or it just a freezer running at high temp

(to store excess beer, was having a party)
    my option on the 40C day was to buy ice and an esky, buy a new fridge from somewhere,put it in the freezer hope my freezer didnt freeze the beer, drink it hot, or as my pissed sparky/electrical mate said cant u just let some gas out of the freezer.
    so its a high temping freezer which sometimes freezes my beer, but i do love a cold beer so its all good.

I am not to sorry to say you have a very poor ethic and attitude to word your chosen career in my not humble opinion.

I do not need to prove any thing, there are various theories of how why and what.

I do multigas systems and so I built a small simple recovery system out of little can compressors just for the small jobs, if your claims are true you surely have the skill to easily make one that will hold up to the codes to do r-134a, R-152a and even R-22 one unit for each, the parts to make a nice compact unit literaly lay out in the street some times! old window aircons give you a lovely prefabricated platform to work with!

So again stope making excuses and cop outs and do your job properly!

that is what seperates us from a parts monkey, we know how to work around a problem well following the rules and regulations!

which are you?
    Last edited by The MG Pony; 14-07-2013 at 02:34 PM.
    Now in Redvers Sask.

Quote Originally Posted by The MG Pony View Post
    I am not to sorry to say you have a very poor ethic and attitude to word your chosen career in my not humble opinion.

I do not need to prove any thing, there are various theories of how why and what.

I do multigas systems and so I built a small simple recovery system out of little can compressors just for the small jobs, if your claims are true you surely have the skill to easily make one that will hold up to the codes to do r-134a, R-152a and even R-22 one unit for each, the parts to make a nice compact unit literaly lay out in the street some times! old window aircons give you a lovely prefabricated platform to work with!

So again stope making excuses and cop outs and do your job properly!

that is what seperates us from a parts monkey, we know how to work around a problem well following the rules and regulations!

which are you?
    i have a ""oil less" recovery unit, "big Pony" it does all types of refrigerants. plus i work a bare minimum 80hours a week every week, so i dont have time nor the space to carry around 3 different units.thats why i have no probs spending $3000 on a good all round recovery system. which is law here in oz.
    i dont even carry enough parts with me to be considered a parts monkey, for that matter.

as for the rules the EPA or arctick governs the trade in oz this is a extract of there rules

please notice number 2 and 4

"Permitted Releases
    As is the case for CFC and HCFC refrigerants, only four types of releases of HFCs and PFCs are permitted under the prohibition:

"De minimis" quantities of refrigerant released in the course of making good faith attempts to recapture and recycle or safely dispose of refrigerant.
    2.Refrigerants emitted in the course of normal operation of air-conditioning and refrigeration equipment such as from mechanical purging and leaks.
    Releases of HFCs and PFCs that are not used as refrigerants (note that heat transfer fluids are considered refrigerants).
    4. Small releases of refrigerant that result from purging hoses or from connecting or disconnecting hoses to charge or service appliances.

so as long as i purged my lines while working on the chest freezer and then removed and reattached my gauges a few times in an hour im not breaking any law im just following the rules.
    by chance i lose 50grams and the chest freezer sits at -5 or so its all good RIGHT.

and as for the units u make are you taking oil samples to ensure no moisture is present in the compressors, u are finding on the side of the road.
    as we would not want acid formation to occur in the recovery unit itself let alone contaminate the recovered refrigerant then place it back in a system, as over here in oz that is illegal and IF I HAD MORE INFO ON YOU I WOULD REPORT U IN A MINUTE. LOL (ah i love our back and fourths)
    perhaps thats what seperates good techs to ones like ur self. ie dont be a tight ass and buy the correct tools AND dont make them from scrap you find on the side of a road.

IF anything i should be asking you are u a parts monkey when it comes to maintaining correctly operating tools.
    i bet your gauges are over 10 years old too. arent they "big pony"
    So for the first time,stop making excuses and cop outs spend some cash and do your job properly!

we all should strive to lose as little as possible, here in Canada they have the same thing!
    bty who said you need to carry them with you? refrigeration is my hobby AND my work, I live it I breath it.

my three stay at home 99% of the time as I rarely bother with small domestic, but a friend in need, or I want parts to play with I can just grab the unit I'll need, now I got gas and parts to play with! here it is 1k for a bottle of recovered R22 (Reprocessed rather)

I got a lovely little oil less unit, and it does a lovely little job, but by using some custom built units I can keep my losses down to the half ounce!

A replaceable core filter drier, a temprite 340 oil sep, a suction line hx and a nice little bar freezer can and you can have a very good little dedicated recovery unit that is pretty light and effective, add some anti-blow back fittings and now you can recover with near 0 loss.

Hope fully others here will see the advantage of the described systems when working on small domestic systems

And no I replace the oil, and ironically yes I do have a 3 stage tester for refrigerant, so go ahead report me, only inconvenience would be to show them my records and offer them a coffee! nice thing when you follow proper protocol and procedure! keeps life simple, just like all ways telling a situation as it is, mean what you say and say what you mean.

So nice attempt but a big fail, as I have both new equipment and custom built equipment with new parts, and old guages yup, they are very good old simple guages built to last, re-calibrated last year, guess you didn't know guages can be tested and calibrated though?

your reminding of the guys in bc, they buy nice big brand new 4*4's and not one of them know how to use it! shiny new tools only offer to make a good techs job easier, they do not make some one a good tech, just a well equiped one
    Last edited by The MG Pony; 15-07-2013 at 01:31 PM.
    Now in Redvers Sask.

ah big pony your alright, and really calibrate gauges, ive turned that little flat head screw, so my needle reads zero, haha.
    wait was that a trick question????
    na i kid i assume you had the pressure display plate reattached or maybe a new link wire to the sector, or do u mean u simply adjusted that screw for the first time. god i hope not or Canada is in some trouble.

you know u remind me of the bloke who taught me. so strict,so by the book, no matter what the situation.
    he was old too.... i guess it must be a generation thing.
    just for the record i too live and breathe refrigeration i left my house @ 0430 this morning and just got home at 2200 and then went straight to this site.
    you see the problem with u old blokes is you under estimate us young blokes, experience doesnt always beat intelligence.
    oh yeah im probaly not going to build that unit out of ACRYLIC im just going to buy some wireless temp sensors and install them into an existing system. that way i can get actual temp readings of vapour in a receiver. in a real system.
    and i havent forgot to respond to your statement in my forum dont worry im working on something i will provide a youtube link in the coming days, if only the other blokes at the company i work for fixed the units the first time they attended instead of me going back a day or two later i would have had it up earlier.

talk to u soon big pony....

ah big pony your alright, and really calibrate gauges, ive turned that little flat head screw, so my needle reads zero, haha.
    wait was that a trick question????
    na i kid i assume you had the pressure display plate reattached or maybe a new link wire to the sector, or do u mean u simply adjusted that screw for the first time. god i hope not or Canada is in some trouble.

you know u remind me of the bloke who taught me. so strict,so by the book, no matter what the situation.
    he was old too.... i guess it must be a generation thing.
    just for the record i too live and breathe refrigeration i left my house @ 0430 this morning and just got home at 2200 and then went straight to this site.
    you see the problem with u old blokes is you under estimate us young blokes, experience doesnt always beat intelligence.
    oh yeah im probaly not going to build that unit out of ACRYLIC im just going to buy some wireless temp sensors and install them into an existing system. that way i can get actual temp readings of vapour in a receiver. in a real system.
    and i havent forgot to respond to your statement in my forum dont worry im working on something i will provide a youtube link in the coming days, if only the other blokes at the company i work for fixed the units the first time they attended instead of me going back a day or two later i would have had it up earlier.

talk to u soon big pony....

The problem with the internet is that sometimes when a poster writes what he believes is a witty response he can over as a complete prick.

Others here may suggest DT Lacia was of that ilk. He was/is actually quite misunderstood. Not that he couldn't be a prick sometimes as he sure could but generally he was/is an ok guy. If most met him they would probably say the same.

I can only hope for your sake you are of a similar stance(although if you are you probably don’t care for the same reasons as he).

Your arrogance may seem appealing and indeed clever to you but like Lacia's "I'zzz mour cleverer than youse" approach did little to endear him to those he was trying to impress with his substantial knowledge. I fear some may pigeon hole you the same.(again you may not care for the same reasons as he)

FYI His approach to imparting information wasn’t to assist the learner which most ‘normal’ people do for altruistic benefit , rather to belittle those less knowledgeable. To impress on the student, the teacher was –even if only in his own mind- somehow superior because he knew something the student didn’t . It’s a character flaw which sadly is unlikely to change – A Leonard can’t change is spots as they say

Anyway I had planned to keep away from you (as I avoid all Lacia's posts) as I find it all the showboating rather tiresome

I shall leave you to grandstand your response. Good luck btw.

(oh just in case anyone hasn't noticed matey boy has long gone from his thread)

(oh just in case anyone hasn't noticed matey boy has long gone from his thread)

yeah cause he probably let some gas out of his fridge.....LOL

and dont you worry i am a prick, but every apprentice ive ever had, all tell me, im the best tradesman to work with,
    I never talk down to a young bloke who wants to learn and never put **** on them cause they dont know something.
    but hey we are all men here "no students" and if a man cant cop someone saying his wrong, well that man sort of sounds like a woman to me.

in saying that.....
    maybe you should ask this Lacia out for a drink or romantic dinner as it sort of sounds like u just wanted to post a little story about him......

Quote Originally Posted by knighty View Post
    I was about to say, if you can keep the temp difference between the chicken and the freezer low enough, you could slow freeze (or try to)

but it's all pretty irreverent when no mater how slow he freezes it, it's not going to do what he wants anyway
    Why would it not do what I want? Ice crystals expand when the chicken is between range -2.2c to -4c. -2.2c is the initial freezing point. If the chicken spends a few hours here it won't be enough however if it spends several hours to a day then im guessing It would work. What makes you say It wouldn't work?

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12