Unisab 3 Remote Auto/Manual switch

Hello
    We have just converted 2 x unisab 3 controller running star delta to a inverter setup, we reprogramedthe drives to rotatune and it is running smoothly so far. We would like to have a hard auto/manual switch instead of the operator having to change it in the menus. i have read through all the manuals i can find and they talk about remote control of the unisab but there is no documentation to show the wiring and parameter changes required.

If someone has done this some assistance would be much appreciated

Re: Unisab 3 Remote Auto/Manual switch

Hi, nz_sparky

welcome to RE forums ...

Quote Originally Posted by nz_sparky View Post
    Hello
    We have just converted 2 x unisab 3 controller running star delta to a inverter setup, we reprogramedthe drives to rotatune and it is running smoothly so far. We would like to have a hard auto/manual switch instead of the operator having to change it in the menus. i have read through all the manuals i can find and they talk about remote control of the unisab but there is no documentation to show the wiring and parameter changes required.

If someone has done this some assistance would be much appreciated
    hard a/m switch ... unfortunately that is not applicable ... it should be very simple for operator to change between auto/manual mode even during compressor run ... there is a good reason for operator to see the UNISAB III display before switching auto/manual mode ... believe me ...

generally, compressor equipped with Unisab III should always run in auto mode ... manual mode is for very skilled people ... even then mostly for commissioning ...

sorry for my ignorance, but why is difficult for operator to change auto/manual mode... within UNISAB III...

of course, it is possible to instal remote switch to connection DI6 for normal stop or to connection DI7 for instant stop

...no need to change any parameter if you made a good configuration during commissioning ...

hope this will be of some help to you....
    X3 Digital Input
    DI6 (11GND -12)-External start permission-normal stop -if use remove jumper
    DI7 (13GND -14)-External start permission-instant stop -if use remove jumper

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.