Thread: Some days....

Some days....

At what point does one know that today is NOT going to be smooth sailing. Picture someone spilling coffee on the PC keyboard first thing in the morning, then following up with tripping over the cat while walking down 12 steps with a briefcase and a fragile PCB....

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Re: Some days....

Some days you are better off not going to work! Seems like you started off walking with the right foot instead of the left and so spend the whole day out of sync with the world
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

in my opinion
    even if you started your day with problems
    its not a solution to leave the work and stay at home
    instead of that keep work and try to be careful as you can
    so you can minimum the losses

mike-were u sober???
    best to stay outta the kitchen,with the snakes in the microwave and that nasty table that always gets ya, also theirs prob still glass in the bathroom from the smashed shower tray, and them steps u built will prob get u if u try venturing out the house, dont even bother putting up lights in ur garden with them wobbly ladders,dont strim the dog **** -bound to get u in the eye- either wrap urself in bubblewrap or a few swigs of capt morgans-sorted!! haha

Hi Mike
    Sounds like you should have packed the tools away and got the rods out.
    Paul

Install Monkey has to be using the the Hubble Telescope.
    Paulz and Monkey Spanners are thinking the same thoughts as me. Dramas in the morning sometimes compound into further disappointment as the day goes on, though we somehow persist.
    Kefah. I have no idea how you managed to break a few bones while stepping off a side walk and manage to continue working. That has to be called dedication.

Which reminds me of an incident many years ago.
    Several trades people were using the same extension ladder inside an Abattoir's coldroom for some hours. When it was my turn to weld in the suction and liquid lines, on the same ladder, and in the same position some 20 feet above the cement floor, the ladder fell away. First thought was to toss the lit torch, then on the way down......thought one or both D sized oxy/acet bottles were going to a place where the sun don't shine.
    Broke my ankle and missed the bottles.
    Would you consider that a bad day...or not?
    Last edited by mikeref; 27-06-2013 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Had more than a 1/2 glass of cap't Morgan that night..
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeref View Post
    Kefah. I have no idea how you managed to break a few bones while stepping off a side walk and manage to continue working. That has to be called dedication.

Which reminds me of an incident many years ago.
    Several trades people were using the same extension ladder inside an Abattoir's coldroom for some hours. When it was my turn to weld in the suction and liquid lines, on the same ladder, and in the same position some 20 feet above the cement floor, the ladder fell away. First thought was to toss the lit torch, then on the way down......thought one or both D sized oxy/acet bottles were going to a place where the sun don't shine.
    Broke my ankle and missed the bottles.
    Would you consider that a bad day...or not?
    im sorry for your injury
    and i wish you to be ok in every time
    my point was
    accident may happen any time and any place
    and the solution is not to stay at home or leave working
    but try to be more careful and take every thing easy

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Mikeref Sig line..

To an engineer it shows that the glass is the wrong size.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015