Exhaust system On STP Plant Room

Hi Friends...
    would some body help me to design the exhaust system on STP plant room...? or we can design the exhaust as we design for the toilets.or we have to follow the different norms and designing procedures, if so then please help me on this matter..

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Exhaust system On STP Plant Room

Please explain - what does STP stand for?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

@Brian.it stands for " Sewage treatment plant "

hookster is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

Hi Anil you will need to consider that all equipment should be Ex rated for extraction equipment due to the possibility of flammable gases being present. Notably methane will be present and you will require maintaining concentration below 5% (lower flammability range). This can be done with constant ventilation or sample monitoring (most cost effective considerations do apply). 4 - 6 air changes / hour is normal for ventilation capacity but could be as high as 10 - 12 air changes I would recommend you check your local building regulations.
    I love the smell of Ammonia in the morning!

Quote Originally Posted by hookster View Post
    Hi Anil you will need to consider that all equipment should be Ex rated for extraction equipment due to the possibility of flammable gases being present. Notably methane will be present and you will require maintaining concentration below 5% (lower flammability range). This can be done with constant ventilation or sample monitoring (most cost effective considerations do apply). 4 - 6 air changes / hour is normal for ventilation capacity but could be as high as 10 - 12 air changes I would recommend you check your local building regulations.
    hi Hookster..many thanks for the information.according to you i have to buy the special ventilation fan for exhaust.do you have any booklet for designing the exhaust on this plant room..?