Water volume for 500kW ACHE (Drycooler)

Any idea how to estimate the proper system water volume for a dry cooler to take care of 500kW with water as warm as 50C?

Current estimated system water volume around 4000 liters. Question would be if 'artificially' getting higher (say double) would be beneficial or is even required. Target would be to create a small buffer on fluctuations of outside weather (ie. sun shining on dry cooler etc).

I may be using the wrong keywords, but Google and the search function on RE didn't give me anything :/

Re: Water volume for 500kW ACHE (Drycooler)

The DAC doesn't care what volume of water or fluid it is connected to, neither does it effect it's performance.
    The flow rate of the fluid to be cooled is the only thing that matters for the DAC (apart from airflows, coil type, cleanliness and so on)

If you want to use water volume for thermal storage to improve the overall system performance then that's a completely different matter which would require quite extensive and complex calculations and design. For this your bed bet would be to get someone experienced in these matters in and do the design for you.

Re: Water volume for 500kW ACHE (Drycooler)

Thanks for your reply.

If you want to use water volume for thermal storage to improve the overall system performance then that's a completely different matter which would require quite extensive and complex calculations and design.
    I think that's exactly what my colleague is trying to do. He said if the sun is shining on the dry cooler etc then the increased water volume is supposed to even that out. He also said it would take much longer to heat up a large amount of water. I want to avoid an extra storage tank at all cost but that's what he is inclined to do

My take is that if you have 500kW heating up a system, no matter the water is doubled it will NOT take very long to reach "equilibrium"!