Daikin Chiller Step Control.

Hey all,
    Retrofitting a Frascold screw to a Daikin chiller, because the Daikin screw is beyond repair, and a replacement is N/A - apparently! I just need to get to the bottom of the original load sequence/step control; I have a wiring diagram and a second working chiller to learn from, but something does not add up:

There are 3 loader SV marked on the wiring diagram as - 12, 40 & 70%.

After the SD start 12% is energised for around ten seconds, when the LCD controller shows "step 1/3" the 40% SV is on, at 2/3 both 40 AND 70% are energised, then finally at 3/3 we go back to just the 40% valve on its own again!

The fact that the machine is only achieving around 1.8°C Delta T, and is pulling circa 35 amps per phase, when the O/L is set for 75A, and the fuse rating fro the chiller is 160A - leads to me to believe that it really is only at 40% - which is a worry!

Model is an EUWA60KAXSDY1 on R134a, circa 1999.

Any help much appreciated.

LAF

"I'm anaspeptic, frasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation."

Re: Daikin Chiller Step Control.

get coil lifter to see if u can manually load it up??

Re: Daikin Chiller Step Control.

Cheers monkey boy! I'm fairly sure the wonderful Carel controller has corrupt software! I eventually swapped the 40% & 70% coils to get it loaded up for now. Also spoke with Daikin who agreed about the controller, and said that 70% is top of the shop for this chiller, it never loads to 100% - seems a bit of a waste of 30% of compressor duty if you ask me!?

However, I still need to know the correct loading sequence so I can configure the new Frascold - if anyone has a service manual or some knowledge it would be much appreciated - I will chance my arm with Daikin tech again tomorrow!
    "I'm anaspeptic, frasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation."