Indoor Unit of a split Air Conditioning System

Dear All,

What should be the standard distance between the ceiling and the indoor unit (to be installed) of an AirCon.. ? Is there any rule of thumb for this or it varies with the site and dependent on another factors as well ?

Thanks for your cooperation in advance

Sumit

Re: Indoor Unit of a split Air Conditioning System

if your refering to a wall mount unit- typically they say a minimum of 100mm, ive done em with 50mm clearance but then it gets difficult to clean the coil, it will be stated in the installation instructions

Think there is also a maximum recommended height from the floor, i just check the installation instructions!
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Thanks a lot install monkey and monkey spanners ... Waiting for your reply Monkey spanners on the maximum recommended height .. Generally , the height of ceiling from the floor is 11-12 feet in India(Residential complex).. I feel the distance between ceiling and floor is also a considerable factor in installing the indoor unit.If yes, then how it works ??

Thanks for your cooperation in advance.

The maximum recommended height depends on the make and model of air conditioner. You will need to check in the installation manual that comes with the air conditioner or check online for a manual for the model.
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

As per my online study, mostly manufactures give minimum height from the floor is approximately 7.5 feet and from ceiling is 50 mm but 100 mm is advisable as per install monkey ... For rooms having ceiling - floor distance = 10 - 11 feet ... One should leave a distance of 2 - 2.5 feet from ceiling. Correct me , if I am wrong ..

Thanks