Bitzer Motor 1 vs Motor 2

Could anybody tell me what wrong could happen if for MT application I wold mount in a plant Motor 2 ( which is build for LT).

Normally the compressor could be burned. ...yet many guys do that!!!

But with additional protections the compressor could works properly?!

I hope to get your oppinion.

Jax

Re: Bitzer Motor 1 vs Motor 2

If it is just a motor you refer to, as in an open drive compressor, no problem as long as the motor does not exceed its rated full load current. It will draw more current due to higher system pressures.
    If you are talking about a semihermetic compressor, a low temp compressor usually has much higher internal displacement than medium temp comp, therefore the higher pressures in a MT system will place much more load on the electric motor. As long as rated full load current is not exceeded, and there is adequate suction cooling, it will probably work. It will have higher refrigerating capacity too due to higher pressures, may not match your system. If you have the model numbers of the compressors it is easy to find out.

Re: Bitzer Motor 1 vs Motor 2

Quote Originally Posted by jax1 View Post
    Could anybody tell me what wrong could happen if for MT application I wold mount in a plant Motor 2 ( which is build for LT).

Normally the compressor could be burned. ...yet many guys do that!!!

But with additional protections the compressor could works properly?!

I hope to get your oppinion.

Jax

Probably you're talking about the piston semihermetic compressors.

On that way you will not work with much safer specially on the pull downs, where the suction pressure is higher at certain periods. Check if the start of compressor can be made easily because of the eventual lack of torque.

However, as you said with correct motor protections it should have no problem.

It's important to connect the PTC termistor of the motor windings so will give better protection. Also if you have generous condenser the motor it will draw less current and also the system will achieve higher cooling capacity.
    To make progress is never good enough, I want to do better and better and better