Cool comp overheating off cycle

i replaced a new compressor with a its new potential relay last week, today i went to check it out, everything was ok! until i felt the compressor off cycle, i realised it is overheating while is off, i checked relay , capacitors( run, start) rewired the whole lot, did not find the fault , i had to leave, any idea, maybe the relay is faulty or one of the wires drawing current in in off cycle.?????????????

Re: comp overheating off cycle

Sorry if I'm being daft but did you change the comp or its relay? And how is it overheating if its knocked off refrigeration cycle?

Put you volt and amp meter on it when its off and see if it is drawing any power, if it is look to see where it is coming from.

Some Maneurop comps use the windings as the crank case heater so are powered but differently in the off cycle.
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Are the high and low side pressures normal when running? If discharge is very hot it may bleed back to the compressor giving a hot body (think claudia schiffer)

Did you find the original cause of failure?

alec
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.

Hi could possibile when the comp is running it gets very hot but suction side is stopping the heat build up and when comp stops the heat spreads

Is the pot outside or inside? Has it got a crankcase heater?
    Training may be finished but experience is never complete.

Hi
    thank you for all your replies. the system is capilary metering device, so i can only say i charged by weight, the condensing unit is inside. yes i have replaced the comp, i think it is drawing current from the indoor coil, i be checking it soon, i will take your advise, if it is the cranckase heater! or maybe suction is flooding immidiately after stat breaks in. who knows.... strange

Cool Re: comp overheating off cycle

thank you for all your replies. the system is capilary metering device, so i can only say i charged by weight, the condensing unit is inside. yes i have replaced the comp, i think it is drawing current from the indoor coil, i be checking it soon, i will take your advise, if it is the cranckase heater! or maybe suction is flooding immidiately after stat breaks in. who knows.... strange[/QUOTE]

Hi all
    i went to the site this morning and found the following electrical faults:
    1-the supply voltage earth wire was neutralised , i fix that from the main switch.
    2-the drawing on a caj is different to the replaced compressor .

system is fine and when system goes off cycle, the comperssor gets a little warm but not as much as in the above case. thank you all. i never stop learning at this speed .