Replacing Daikin VAM800 Fan motor/impeller?

Hi all, installed a VAM unit as part of a large job late last year. Unfortunately, I received a call saying the VAM is extremely noisy all of a sudden. Upon further inspection, it turned out one of the fan bearings has 'expired' and is causing the impeller to rotate off centre, and in turn catch the surrounding fan casing. Understandably, this all has to be replaced under warranty, and my question is, how easy are they to remove and swap over? Thanks in advance!
    Tom

Re: Replacing Daikin VAM800 Fan motor/impeller?

Hi Tom

The Daikin VAM units suffer from the grub screws working loose so the fan scrolls tend to rattle around while the motor shaft rotates.

Not an easy job to carry out, replacing the fan scrolls, so I would suggest that you make really sure that you tighten, even apply some thread lock to the new ones, to prevent a re-occurrence.

The strip down details are in the service manual, which is available for download off the Daikin Extranet http://extranet.daikin.co.uk/login.htm Just register for free.

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Hi Tom

The Daikin VAM units suffer from the grub screws working loose so the fan scrolls tend to rattle around while the motor shaft rotates.

Not an easy job to carry out, replacing the fan scrolls, so I would suggest that you make really sure that you tighten, even apply some thread lock to the new ones, to prevent a re-occurrence.

The strip down details are in the service manual, which is available for download off the Daikin Extranet http://extranet.daikin.co.uk/login.htm Just register for free.
    Thanks so much for your help. I am I Extranet member, to i'll check it out ASAP. Thanks again!

Just logged into Extranet and downloaded two service manuals, but cant seem to find a strip down diagram? Can you advise me where to look?! THanks

pull out the filters,and the heat exchanger boxes via the side panel then get attackin the base panel, carefull not to damage the bypass damper