Thread: Evacuation

Threaded View

Evacuation

Hi guys
    over the week i was working on evacuating the system. new installation.
    1 .manufacturer want 250 microns of vacuum.
    2. well first i hooked up the vacuum pump and the Vac stat digital gauge.
    3. it pulled about 850 microns. i left the vacuum pump over night running but when i went again over there in the morning someone tripped the circuit breaker. so i lost all the vacc only for 15 mins.
    4. i again put nitrogen in and after half an hour evacuated the system. left the vac running over night. in the morning down to 550 microns.closed the gauges and see what vac stat says. it is slowly rising. like in the first 15 minutes from 550 to 600 and then in other 15 minutes 615.
    5. so thought might be a leak . put nitrogen in again to see if there is any leak. 5 hour 380 psi no movement. left nitrogen in over the weekend. will check on Monday.
    6. Remote condenser , air cooled. server room air conditioner. 25 meters of pipe run.5/8 and 7/8 pipe size.
    Question. how many micron rise over a period determine moisture or leak in the system. i know some people say slow rise means moisture and fast rise means leak. but what number can we call slow and what no of microns rise is call fast. i guess depend on the ambient temp as well.

Thanks
    Last edited by question mark; 25-05-2013 at 08:08 AM.