Markers on armaflex for pipe joints?

I may have asked this before, but does anyone know if there is a standard for marking armaflex where there's a joint?

I might have an install coming up and its a tight budget, it will be the first one for a few years and the length of the pipe run will mean at least 2 joints outside accessable at low level. I was just going to use an indelable marker and simply write joint on the aramflex, But I didn't know if there now was a BS or EN for refrigeration/aircon pipe work that actually meant anything? As the Refcom site is just a phone directory with no ads.

Training may be finished but experience is never complete.

Re: Markers on armaflex for pipe joints?

Brilliant question chilliwilly.
    If there isn't there should be.
    But what would happen if someone forgot to mark a joint/s and the next guy took it for granted it was marked up correctly.
    Like I say a nice idea, but open to abuse.

I can hear my boss saying. "I haven't priced for labels!
    Grizzly

I think it's mentioned in BS-EN378. Joint should be marked with yellow tape. I'll try to find the section...

i use insulation tape to identify brazed joints, incase i ever have a leak! haha

Yes that's my reason for doing it, to improve leak check management and offer a fighting chance of leak checking in the UNLIKELY event of my joints failing.

I was asked to do a leak check on a walkin recently, the owner was sick of calling out a company that were charging for 3-4kg of 134a and a litre of oil every year. They must of charged just for opening the oil can and topping up to the pot sight glass.

There were no oil stains or leaks sniffed out with my Dtech in accessible areas. But there was a long run of about 30 meters of pipe work run at high level. So I used die and got them to lift me up on a pallet and drove down the aisle where the line set is run, after slashing back most of the armaflex, I found 4 small leaks on joints on the low side. The brazes were just beads sat on the joint and not sweated into the swage. Tut tut.

I'm just waiting for them to accept my estimate and agree to move the food into a trailer walkin just in case the OFN test exposes more leaks, and a new line set needs to be installed. Hence the marking the joints on the existing line set or new one, whether a requirement or not.
    Training may be finished but experience is never complete.

also if you go on someone elses install, it cuts a lot of time, and your ever thankful to the dude who took the time to label every hidden joint- granted that he may be crap at brazing