a condensor freeze

we have a glycol chiller, ethylin glycol temperature about -15dc,the chiller is insde a plant room.
    this spring ,the condensor were sondenly discovred freezed,with more than 10 tubes broken. this phonemonen has never encourtered before, who know the cause please?

Re: a condensor freeze

If its frozen up I would assume your glycol levels are incorrect.

To get to the root of your problem your best option is to get an experienced refrigeration engineer in to look at your chiller.

Sadly my psychic powers does not stretch for thousands of miles and what can be achieved over the internet is somewhat limited, sorry.

I'd have to agree with 1mikeefc1's that the levels are probably incorrect. If you're wanting to do some reading up on Chiller Glycol I found this short article useful

http://www.icschillerservice.co.uk/g...iller/07/2013/

They've given me advice in the past about different different types of Glycol.

Mono Ethylene, a general food & beverage grade antifreeze.
    Mono Propylene and FlowCool Green this is a food safe biodegradable antifreeze made from a proprietary blend of refined vegetable extracts that are biodegradable and have a very low order of toxicity. Suitable for use in the food and beverage industry or for systems where low oral toxicity is preferred. It's non-toxic (GRAS) multi-metal inhibitors helps protect chillers and associated cooling systems against corrosion and scale, thus prolonging equipment life and thermal efficiency.

Hope you find that information useful, welcome to the world of Glycol

Quote Originally Posted by wangxiaomin View Post
    we have a glycol chiller, ethylin glycol temperature about -15dc,the chiller is insde a plant room.
    this spring ,the condensor were sondenly discovred freezed,with more than 10 tubes broken. this phonemonen has never encourtered before, who know the cause please?
    This phenomenon can heppend when you call the evaporator, condenser......
    The cause is [ like my destinguished Colleagues said] wrong % of glycol or chiller running when circulation pump is still.
    When was the last time anyone have checked it?

Water cooled condenser frozen while shut down, had similar problems in Siberia. the water was not drained from condenser during shut down winter period as instructed. Very messy and expensive repair and clean up of system.

Check the power supply mode is it normal or not ? Set the power supply in normal mode with using stabilizer.If refrigerator condenser is not working properly then replace it.