Thread: Piping coupling

Piping coupling

the piping in most cases in HVAC applications is connected by soldering or brazing .. i want to ask if it can be connected by a coupling ? what is the type of coupling is suitable for HVAC application also if anyone know a supplier for it

Re: Piping coupling

Hi Mohammed and welcome to the forum.
    The other type of connection is called a compression fitting and can be a flare or some type of threaded fitting which will seal two faces to prevent gas leakage. One other type is a shaft seal for a rotating shaft. There are a myriad of suppliers for different types of flare fittings/couplings - best check them out on google. Why do you ask this question - do you have a particular application?
    Why not visit my website: www.rockncrystals.com.au ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Hi Mohammed and welcome to the forum.
    The other type of connection is called a compression fitting and can be a flare or some type of threaded fitting which will seal two faces to prevent gas leakage. One other type is a shaft seal for a rotating shaft. There are a myriad of suppliers for different types of flare fittings/couplings - best check them out on google. Why do you ask this question - do you have a particular application?
    Thank you Tesla and hope to be on of the active members in this forum
    actually my friend i'm from PETRA company which is an HVAC OEM , now i'm using brazing and flare for condensing unit connection but as you know flare is not applicable with large diameter i need to find a suitable coupling for that if you have any suggestion

That's a really cool place I went there with in 2008 and I liked The Monastery best. Sorry I don't have any suggestion for a large pipe. I have seen a new coupling system on large water pipes where they bolt together like a clamp arrangement. I'm sure if there is something someone here will be able to help.
    Why not visit my website: www.rockncrystals.com.au ?

Many compressors use rotalock connections, i'm sure they could be used to join pipe too.
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

vulcan lok rings- never used em, some swear by them others hate them, not gonna start using em until manufacturers approve them

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

The larger the pipe the better the need for good brazing.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015