Skope 2 doors freezer temperature issue

Hi. I want to seek some help with the freezer that i am currenty use for the business. Back to few months ago, my freezer start to play up. The issue was the temperature always goes up and down which mean it can be -18c then the
    temperature only stay for 10 minutes then temperature start to goes up to -7c or -3c. Then an hour later, the temperature start went down to -12c then it went up again.

I did call tech to inspect the freezer but they could not point out what cause the problem. I told him that if i replaced compressor, will it solve the problem but he replied not sure ( can be ). At the moment, i just leave the problem aside. I am suspect the temperature controller might be not working probably so it caused the temperature up and down.

From my knowledge, compressor control the freezer, if it replace the new one, the problem should be fix. Is this right?

Re: Skope 2 doors freezer temperature issue

If you want to waste your money replace the compressor. Or you could take the advise of the technician you paid and take his advise or pay for more advise.
    If it ain't broke don't fux it
    Why not visit my website: www.rockncrystals.com.au ?

I had call the company that supplied the freezer and they could not even told me where the problem was. They said maybe its compressor was getting old (6 yrs). Maybe i should call another tech to inspect the freezer..

usually after 4 yr digital controller relays start to stick either closed contact- compressor chuggs its nuts off or led displays the signal to run but no power to the compressor, tapping the front on the controller should proove this. another way to proove this is to wire a standard mechanical stat and moniter the temperature- much cheaper than a pot change that can compound issues if it aint faulty- theres an aussie up near atherton queensland who is a master at fridges, as long as you pay ,as his tax man drives a ferrari- - other aussies are available for fridge work depending on what area you live in

If it has an electronic controller, could be as simple as a dodgy (faulty) temp sensor probe. Especially if the temp is going up and down suddenly

Maybe i should call my tech to change the temperature controller as its much cheaper to do it.

Sadly.. my freezer playing up again .. Left door shows -17.9 and right door shows -7.4 degree..

Thx for advice.....

Hi Smallwhale maybe you could call a different tech to check it out - sometimes two heads are better than one. You could have an intermittent fault which usually turn into permanent ones.
    Why not visit my website: www.rockncrystals.com.au ?