Blizzard IARP ABX 500 PV plz Help

Hello Everyone.

First post on this nice forum. Not sure where this query is to go so apologise if I have put it in the wrong place.

Firstly thank you for taking time to read this. I have been struggling all week with this issue.

Model is
    Blizzard IARP ABX 500 PV

Please can someone clarify if this particular model can be used as Fridge/Freezer as the controls take it to -15

It did freeze items before I set it to -15 - how and why it was doing it I dont exactly know but I really need it to freezer again. Was working fine until a power cut, then after that even if the temp is set point -15 it sometimes goes to -3 then the fan comes on then takes it up to
    +3.5

The controller on the unit is

Thermofrost Cryo ID CHILL - Inside on the label it
    ELIWELL
    ID23Y00TCH702

similar

26-10
    5T5T FRIP6511
    FUNCTION COOL - E233482

B40-63716

I spoke with a kind chap at the Thermofrost Cryo company and he said I was setting it right but wasnt sure why it didnt go to the set temperature.

As I said it does go down into - then goes back up when the fan comes on.

If I set it to fridge temp example 5 it maintains it perfectly, I dont think anything has become faulty but im not using the right combination of settings to get it freeze like before

Any help would be really really appreciated as I've been having nightmare week with this.
    Kind Regards

Re: Blizzard IARP ABX 500 PV plz Help

I think This is a fridge not a freezer, the controller will set down but the cabinet should only be used as a fridge. What refrigerant is it running on? If its 134a it is definitely a fridge.

Hello Mike

Thank you for the kind reply,

How do I check the refrigerant please?

Like I said it was freezing before - but I dont know what combination of settings or how it was freezing things.

Regards

its a fridge- easiest way to determine this is if theres heaters around the door- is it warm? is there any defrost heaters in the evap? ( not on your fridge) its deffo a fridge

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    its a fridge- easiest way to determine this is if theres heaters around the door- is it warm? is there any defrost heaters in the evap? ( not on your fridge) its deffo a fridge

The doors remains cold no matter temperature in the room, I have industrial fan heater and oil heater running together but it doesnt change the door temp.

I forgot to mention that there is actual build up of thick frost on the inside panel below the 2 fans around the centre of the unit on the inside. This is the same type of frost you get in my chest freezer.

Regards

deffo a fridge,as long as them 2 fans run continuously, should be ok,is the ice build up from trying to run its nuts off?? cant remember if the evap is behind the plastic insides - if so you will get a slight frosting on it,

Hello Again

If I power off the units then switch on, set temp to say -5 it does go down to minus numbers then goes back up when the fans come on, I am not sure if its being over worked or what is meant by running its nuts off but its making me laugh so much just reading it.

I see your in Manchester, I am not far off - I am not sure if you can on here I think but PM would be best - if you know any place local to us North West where I can get single 500 or 600 litre size freezer or even 1200 litres asap at reasonable price I really am stuck and unable to start up without one. reconditioned unit cant afford new at moment.

Thanks for your all your help much appreciated

Regards

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ma451 View Post
    Hello Again

If I power off the units then switch on, set temp to say -5 it does go down to minus numbers then goes back up when the fans come on, I am not sure if its being over worked or what is meant by running its nuts off but its making me laugh so much just reading it.
    Your parameter settings on Eliwell are not OK.
    Fan should work from start, not energised later. Since temperature probe is probably placed near evaporator at entrance of air when fan is operating, when fan is off, air temperature there is low as evaporator temperature , and therefore indication of negative temperatures.

Its a chiller not a freezer. Only specs i found is on German site but states its a -2 to +10C chiller. Which ties up with the controller you have which is designed for -15 to +5C. If it was a freezer the controller would be an id freeze to allow for -18/-22 operation.

So based on the facts given, id say its a low temp chiller that you have run below its design temp and it has now frozen up inside. Turn it off for for a day or two with the door open to defrost propperly.

p.s. whoever fitted the replacement eliwell should have programmed it so that it could not be set below the chillers design temps.
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Thank you for all your help - really appreciated - if anyone knows any place I can get hold of freezer asap - reconditioned in north west please pm me.

Cheers

Sorry about the late reply but the comp should have a label on it and will say r134a or r404a if its r134aits a fridge. As for getting a reconditioned one not sure anymore think eBay is a good shot but the risk is it not being well reconditioned and just bodged to make a quick pound.