mayot Guest

Looking for "K" factor and "U" factor tables

I'm struggling learning to calculate refrigeration loads for refrigerated bakery cases. I think I'm on the right track, but the examples I have that include "U" factors for insulated materials do not have what I'm looking for in the size I need. I'm looking for the "U" factor of plexiglas at a thickness of .25". All the examples I have are 1" or more with a limited material selection.

Is there somewhere on the WWW that has a complete list of these factors?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and also any help in giving me a crash course in calculating refrigeration loads for open and closed cases would be extremely helpful.

Thanks

Re: Looking for "K" factor and "U" factor tables

Any material will have a K factor - Definition: A term for thermal insulation value or coefficient of thermal conductivity, which is the amount of heat that passes through a unit cube of material in a given time when the difference in temperature difference across the cube is one degree or the amount of heat energy it will pass for a given temperature difference. U factors are the combined calculation for given materials per square metre.

Do a Google for U values