Local and remote control of air conditioning by BRC1D52 controllers

We have an aircon system for 3 rooms. Temperature control of these rooms has been erratic. Building was built in 2008, but when I tried looking at the O&M Manual much of it says 'to follow'. Each room has a local Daikin BRC1D52 controller, there is also a BMS which I have interrogated using its IQView touch panel and discovered it monitors the CO2 and temperature in the rooms. On Friday 2 of the Daikin controllers indicated they were under control from elsewhere (presumably the BMS) and one wasn't. Today it's the other way round. No one in the school has a clue why they are different, why they have swapped or how to control the system.

Can anyone suggest how I can control where the aircon from a room is controlled from?

Re: Local and remote control of air conditioning by BRC1D52 controllers

Having checked on the controllers in the rooms in between each lesson today, I realise that the control switches from remote to the local controllers apparently at will, though there must be a trigger. Can anyone tell me what makes it happen?

ur iq view- is a trend bms, open the control panel door and look for the wiring diagram, this will tell you how much is controlled via the bms, you say it moniters co2- so there will be fresh air via fan /air handling unit or a lossnay heat recovery unit, temperatures can become erratic if supply air is cold and it isnt tempered by lphw coil or electric duct heater- typically needs to be 16deg to not influence the brc controller.
    the trend outstation will control on/of- via a t1t2 connection on each indoor unit- unless the indoors are wall mounts then there will be extrnal krp adaptor again with the t1t2 connections (volt free open contact off,closed on) this will be switched via a relay within the control panel.

Best get someone who understands Daikin controls in to have a look and diagnose...after all, this is how we make our living

Are you by any chance in Isleworth?

Quote Originally Posted by The Viking View Post
    Are you by any chance in Isleworth?

Rugby aparently

Hmm,
    Sound suspiciously like a system I commissioned a few years ago...

The designer had some extremely pink tinted views on energy conservation and demanded that the A/C system would only run if the CO2 monitoring BMS system called for fresh air and the room temps were above a treshold.

I could only run the A/C systems whith the BMS interface "by-passed" as the TREND engineer on site could not get all the external sensors to operate together...
    My bet is that those units haven't run since my commissioning.