Arrow Daikin Altherma Recommended Settings

Hi Everyone,

I know this question has been thrown around a number of times, but I thought I would ask it for my circumstances.

We have a client that has retrofitted a number of Daikin Altherma 6kW Monobloc's into 1 / 2 bed bungalows. All bungalows have been fitted with 140L HW tanks and radiators.

Previously, the bungalows were fitted with NSH. The residents have not determined that the running cost for the ASHP is higher than that of the NSH's. Is this correct? I know there are a lot of factors to think about but generally the ASHP's should be cheaper or at least the same cost?

My question is, what settings should be installed for the best efficiency? Should the system run timed or 24 / 7?

Should the system run on weather compensation or a set flow rate?

Does the location of the ASHP and prevailing winds affect the efficiency?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just trying to determine the best set-up.

Thanks

Re: Daikin Altherma Recommended Settings

There are lots of parameters that could be changed that might help you. What temperature has the domestic water been set at as any setting above 48DegC will invoke the booster heater in the tank. The domestic hot water is best to be on a timed schedule so that the full output from the Monoblock can be used for space heating. The space heating should be run all the time with timed temperature set back when the building is not occupied. Presumably the radiators have been suitably sized to operate with the lower flow temperatures that will be generated by the Monoblock. With regards the location of the Monoblock the prevailing winds could adversely affect the efficiency particularly in the winter. Each installation has to be fine tuned via the parameter settings to suit the individual application. Presumably you have already contacted the Daikin Altherma helpdesk for guidance. Perhaps if you could post some of the relevant parameter settings this might provide more information.
    Mobile A/C at its best, see avatar.
    Bedford. Now retired and trying to relax.

Re: Daikin Altherma Recommended Settings

Hyperion,

Thanks for the reply. The DHW is set to 48Deg. The HW is normally timed to come one two hours prior to the heating. The radiators have been sized to suit the low temperatures. The heating was currently timed, so I will trial having the heating run 24/7. I have met with a number of Daikin engineers, but the only response I get is that the system is working despite costing more to run than NSH.

Set rads to 3/4 not max. Run 24hrs with setbacks. Dependant on where the HW temp is taken you may be able to drop it slightly. Is it mid/bottom/top of tank? Run on weather comp if you can. Not to familiar with Daikin. Ensure weather comp sensor isn't in direct sunlight tho! And your weather comp auto settings be set correctly!

Someone with more Daikin knowledge might have more input!