Thread: help please

Unhappy help please

we have a split system samsung ac unit model sh24ta8x and every time the compressor tries to start it pops the breaker on the house board.it was running fine but all of a sudden this happened.
    when i opened it up i found one of the ceramic pieces on the pcb was broken the top one in the pic.Image2.jpg
    any ideas here ?????? if i just replace that board ?what would cause it??? and where would i be able to get a new board etc ??????? im not very tec savy but i install ac for a living mainly industrial .im not a electrician or fridgy.regards mike

Re: help please

after you fix the damage on the pcb
    you must check why that happened
    check the electric connection if they are good and there is no loose
    check the voltage of the supply wire
    check the compressor capacitor
    check if there is no humidity on the pcb

OK,
    I got a different view. Before you replace any parts try to find out why it happened.

A good starting point would be to get a professional in to have a look at your system, failing that and as a minimum, ask your local electrician to check that the compressor isn't down to earth or if he can find any other electrical faults.

primarily you need to check insulation resistance of compressor.

66844_10200501622719604_1437221540_n.jpg531994_10200501620999561_1875873218_n.jpg
    its owned by a single mum that is struggling to make ends meet.so im trying tofind out how to fix as cheap as i can for her.i will check the compressor to see if its down to earth.thanks for the replies guys.

I don't have anything else to offer here, except that that looks like a ceramic resistor, and they can fail under severe overload conditions. So yeah, check your compressor and electrical connections and see if anything else is wrong.

Does pcb still work? Other than that disconnect the comp reset breaker , turn on system , does breaker blow again ? If no then your comps the problem , most likely

Be carful tho with the leads when u disconnect and turn back on , they will be live