Hello Everyone,
Very glad to find this place.

I have joined the forums to find anything that could help with optimizing the compressor of a solar powered vaccine storage refrigeration/freezer system.

I have chosen the BD35F compressor which uses R134A (refrigerant), because it is used in a few of the World Health Organisation accredited refrigerators.

I am struggling to find what type of compressor it is to begin with, any ideas on that? I have found the data sheets but still do not know if it is a reciprocating compressor, something I really hope it is.

I am reading as much as possible on optimizing the piston inside the compressor, so this is why I hope it's actually got a piston. Where would be a good place to begin looking into improving it, the Coefficient Of Performance (COP)? So to improve that I would have to improve the refrigeration capacity, what would be one of the main ways of improving that or is there something more vital to improve that affects the COP?

Any ideas on that?

I also need to model this problem in a computer software, I just obtained Comsol Multiphysics so I will have a look at that. Any help on how I would actually improve the COP and then represent the improvement in computer modelling software? Or use the software to find the improvements before finding them on paperr?

What would the people that make the compressors (SECOP I think it is) do, when it comes to optimization?

Any help would be very appreciated particularly with the bold points.

Thanks even if you read half,
James