Cooling capacity and time taken to achieve desired cooling

I need to calculate the cooling load capacity for a car. I used the heat coefficient formulas etc and obtained a capacity value. Now my question is how to incorporate the time taken to achieve the desired cooling? If I increase the time taken to achieve cooling, I'll be able to reduce the cooling load much further right?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dean

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Cooling capacity and time taken to achieve desired cooling

Tricky subject I believe, read this and it put me off the matter....

The first challenge to properly size a vehicle A/C system is to define the vehicle air conditioning heat load requirement. Within automotive industry, a model to accurately define vehicle heat load is still under development. In this study, a simple method to calculate vehicle heat load is developed. The cooling load temperature differential (CLTD) method[1] is used to calculate the heat gain of a sunlit roof and wall (door). This is done in one step by using ASHRAE data. The calculation presented here takes into account the geometrical configuration of the vehicle compartment including glazing surfaces (shading), windshield and roof angle, and vehicle orientation, Special attention is given to the calculation of direct and diffuse incidence solar radiation through the windshield and skylight glass. The vertical glass' solar heat gain is evaluated by using ASHRAE[1] data. The U value method is used to calculate heat transfer between the outside and inside cabin. Heat gains from infiltration, occupant, and HVAC unit blower motors are considered in the cooling load calculation. The method accuracy was validated using wind tunnel tests. The results showed the predicted cooling load is very close to the tested value, and the deviation between calculated and tested heat loads is smaller with fresh air mode than that with recirculation mode.

Or there is this which I also haven't read...
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...,d.d2k&cad=rja
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015