Turbocor tear down

Hi.
    I have recently removed a compressor on a multistack module. This was done under warranty due to the fault log I sent to tech support. Locked rota faults,calibration tests were passing,then failing. Used manual speed and then would shut down on locked rota. When I removed the tt300 I noticed it had the old style poppet valve...with the o ring missing!!! So I guess this is down in the cond HX. I also noticed the parts were heavily carbonated...I have other multistack systems to look after and they have all been modified with flange style check valves. So...is the poppet assy so unreliable and detrimental to the compressor...that they have stopped using it... Will the unreliabilty kill my other 5 modules!!!???
    As I have my new comp ready to go in...I decided to open up the failed comp,removed the rear mag and turned the shaft....and the noise was rough...grinding sound.i would have thought the carbon bearings would be a little more robust... If that's what's causing the sound.
    Thanks for reading,any replies welcome.
    GC

Re: Turbocor tear down

Think you need a proper engineer Garin my old son .

Quote Originally Posted by GC Bermuda View Post
    Hi.
    I have recently removed a compressor on a multistack module. This was done under warranty due to the fault log I sent to tech support. Locked rota faults,calibration tests were passing,then failing. Used manual speed and then would shut down on locked rota. When I removed the tt300 I noticed it had the old style poppet valve...with the o ring missing!!! So I guess this is down in the cond HX. I also noticed the parts were heavily carbonated...I have other multistack systems to look after and they have all been modified with flange style check valves. So...is the poppet assy so unreliable and detrimental to the compressor...that they have stopped using it... Will the unreliabilty kill my other 5 modules!!!???
    As I have my new comp ready to go in...I decided to open up the failed comp,removed the rear mag and turned the shaft....and the noise was rough...grinding sound.i would have thought the carbon bearings would be a little more robust... If that's what's causing the sound.
    Thanks for reading,any replies welcome.
    GC

GC
    Send me a email to work as I seem to have lost your address, include a contact number and I will try and bell you.

Gibbo

Do you know any then????
    I've had a response from a rep....lots of dodging n weaving!!!
    That's all I'm gonna say!!

I know you can only tear them down as far as replacing the IGV...but it's always nice to dive a little deeper....shame the tolerances are so fine,and can only be torn down in the factory!!!