Hybrid View

Duct fittings area Calculation

Hai friends,

Can anybody explains about the area calculation formula along with the example for the duct fittings

particularly Reducer (both Concentric and Eccentric) and Elbow (both 45° and 90°)

Senthil

Re: Duct fittings area Calculation

Harsen...your question doesn't make much sense.

Can you elaborate a little?

If you are just looking how to calculate the area of a duct it is quite simple. If you are looking to know how the area affects the velocity or resistance, this also can be explained.

Question Re: Duct fittings area Calculation

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Harsen...your question doesn't make much sense.

Can you elaborate a little?

If you are just looking how to calculate the area of a duct it is quite simple. If you are looking to know how the area affects the velocity or resistance, this also can be explained.

Sir,
    I am working as hvac site engineer in abudhabi , Mainly we are doing a duct contracting along with the Chilled water Piping.

Lets come to the point , whenever i give the requirement for the duct sheet , i am calculating the total Sq.Ft of ducting from the centre line method , I am not getting elaborate (means Piece by piece) .

So i need a formula along with example how to calculate the

area of fittings for the duct , say

1 , Elbow 45 and 90

2, Reducer - Concentric and ecentric

Senthil

Quote Originally Posted by harsen View Post
    Sir,
    I am working as hvac site engineer in abudhabi , Mainly we are doing a duct contracting along with the Chilled water Piping.

Lets come to the point , whenever i give the requirement for the duct sheet , i am calculating the total Sq.Ft of ducting from the centre line method , I am not getting elaborate (means Piece by piece) .

So i need a formula along with example how to calculate the

area of fittings for the duct , say

1 , Elbow 45 and 90

2, Reducer - Concentric and ecentric

Senthil
    If I understand correctly, you are asking how to calculate the amount of sheet required to fabricate a 45deg and 90deg ductwork bend?

Not really something for a Refrigeration Forum.

Google "engineering toolbox" and go to HVAC calculations

Are you looking for fabrication information or design and application information ?
    Location, United Kingdom

Most sheet metal works develop and retain patterns/templates for standard fittings.
    Skilled sheet metal workers are trained to produce patterns for most of their work, there are some very good workshop pattern and develop books available mostly from the USA, try a Goggle search for "sheet metal work".
    In the UK we have standard sizes and construction methods to conform to agreed criteria.
    You may have different standards to conform with in your location, however pattern development is the basis of good sheet metal work.
    With the advent of computer aided design I am sure that there are commercial programs available to produce the results you are looking for as substantial amounts of this type of work is now carried by computer controlled cutting machines.
    Best of luck with your Google search keep us informed with your results.
    Location, United Kingdom