moideen is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

fieldpiece ASX14,SSX34

hi guyes,I would like to buy a fieldpiece meter ASX14 OR SSX 34 for checking sub cool/superheat measurement. Can anybody tell me which meter is better and if it is dependable.

Re: fieldpiece ASX14,SSX34

Why not just purchase a digital manifold ,most digital manifolds have superheat/subcooling capability.I have the asx14 head and stick meter ,purchased a few years ago before digital gauges became common place .No problems with reliability and still working years later.Going back though i would go for the ssx stand alone meters if i was purchasing again ,alot smaller than a stick meter and accessory head,look a bit sturdier too.

moideen is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

Quote Originally Posted by joe-ice View Post
    Why not just purchase a digital manifold ,most digital manifolds have superheat/subcooling capability.I have the asx14 head and stick meter ,purchased a few years ago before digital gauges became common place .No problems with reliability and still working years later.Going back though i would go for the ssx stand alone meters if i was purchasing again ,alot smaller than a stick meter and accessory head,look a bit sturdier too.
    thanks your replay, i decided to buy ssx 34.

Having a separate instrument is good but I soon realized that it's a bit complicated. I had a digital manifold and I'd been using it for quite some time it's easy and less hassle. Just one set up and you can get information with just a one touch. Of course you can save too...