Do you live in or near Wangaratta Australia

i all.

I live in the UK, had a phone call from daughter in Wangaratta saying she has a fridge freezer not getting cold in the chiller side, only getting to 12c.
    It is a Heller FDH25 serial 1630311602070053.
    Evidently there is a sound coming from the back indicating the comp is running, the sides are warm, I am not sure if this has a skin condenser. The freezer side appears to be ok. Not being able to see it I cannot help her. It could be a defrost problem.
    She has just had a baby and money is a bit short, I was wondering ( and being cheeky) if any fridgey living near her could have a look for me. It seems silly for her to buy a new fridge if this one could be repaired
    She lives in Rowan street, if anyone can help PM me and I will give a phone number.

Take care Mike

Re: Do you live in or near Wangaratta Australia

Mike

To save money, the first thing she should do is empty the fridge freezer and switch it off with doors open for 2 days.

Reason for this is that the duct/flap between the freezer/fridge section can become blocked with frost, and the only way to sort it is to defrost it.

She may need someone to take care of her produce for the 2 days, but, believe me, she may end up losing the lot if it gets much further.

If it turns out to be something other than a blocked duct or frozed flap, at least it hasn't cost any money, and she will be able to tell the attending fridgey that she has already done a prolonged defrost.

Let us know how she gets on.

Re: Do you live in or near Wangaratta Australia

Hello frank, thanks for reply.

I have already told her to do just that. I have also asked her to send me some pics so I can try and see the method of how the chiller side is cooled. My own fridge freezer uses the suction part of the evap built into the back. Others I believe use a ducted system. I have been out of the game for a few years now so don't know all the modern methods.

Mike