Thumbs up Confused between Daikin R22 and R410A gas models..What to buy ??

Hi guys,

I am planning to buy a AC..I had many brands in mind like Carrier , Voltas , Bluestar and Daikin..But i finally decided to go with Daikin..as i heard many positive reviews about that company...So i finnaly decided to go with Daikin...But the confusion now is whether to buy the Gas R22 or R410A ??

I have researched in the internet and also asked some guys , they told me about the + and - of both , but i would like to get a reply from this forum and then decide...

R22 -

Advantages :-
    1) If the gas gets leaked , then it can be easily refilled , just the amount of gas that has been leaked , but this cannot be done in R410A...
    2) Refilling costs just between Rs 300- Rs 500

Disadvantages :-
    1) Has Ozone depleting substances and therefore in the longrun it would damage the Environment

R410A :-

Advantages :-
    1) Ozone and Environment friendly..
    2) Cools quickly

Disadvantages :-

1) Costly compared with the R22 gas...
    2) If gas gets leaked the whole gas has to be refilled which will cause Rs 3000- Rs 4000 , one guy said...

Dunno what to decide...If you guys have experience in using the AC with R22 and R410A models , please let me know your experience...and advises what to buy..

Thanks

Re: Confused between Daikin R22 and R410A gas models..What to buy ??

Although a 400 series refrigerant R410a does not behave like a blend.
    So depending on the quantity of charge topping up is quite accepable providing as with any other refrigerant the source of the leak has been addressed and rectified.
    The brand you choose should above all be dependant on the availability of spares and technical support, no point buying something cheap and cheerful if you cannot readily aquire spare parts and service support.
    Wouldn't even consider r22 it's here for a good time ,not along time..
    Well thats my opinion
    Cheers
    Stu
    Tool's ? check ! Condom's ? check !
    If you can't fix it , f*ck it !!!

will you be able to see the instalation of your equipment ?
    a new install should be 100% leak free.
    will your installer use nitrogen to purge the pipework while brazing any joints ?
    and will they carry out a 24 hour hour presure test to prove the system is leak free, before vaccing out the system to add any additional charge ( if longer pipework) and release the standing chage ( that comes with the system).
    i would expect a guard to placed overnight to make sure the gauge is still there in the morning and its not stolen.
    another thing is your power supply , i know it can be a bit wild in india , as it fluctuates and if it will affect your new unit if it is inverter driven?
    one day india may faze out r22 as part of the koyto agreement . a masive task for india i know .
    love your fine country, and want to return one day to travel all over again.

r22 is best than r410 a in cooling effect
    i tried both in Iraq
    410 a failed in high temperature ambient
    which reached 55 c in summer in iraq
    but r2 successed

The thermal capacity of the 410th ***** is nearly 50% more, than at 22. This fact reduces the mass of refill and diameters of pipes in a hydraulic contour change. Very few people from producers change them, but the fact remains.
    410 in tropical countries it is necessary to use initially with microchannel redimensional condensers. In 2010 there was a month of a heat 35-38, only chillers on 410 microchannel condensers were delayed quietly on a high pressure 33-35, multizone systems generally everything were unloaded, chillers on 134 and 22 suffered.

Quote Originally Posted by still learning View Post
    will you be able to see the instalation of your equipment ?
    a new install should be 100% leak free.
    will your installer use nitrogen to purge the pipework while brazing any joints ?
    and will they carry out a 24 hour hour presure test to prove the system is leak free, before vaccing out the system to add any additional charge ( if longer pipework) and release the standing chage ( that comes with the system).
    i would expect a guard to placed overnight to make sure the gauge is still there in the morning and its not stolen.
    another thing is your power supply , i know it can be a bit wild in india , as it fluctuates and if it will affect your new unit if it is inverter driven?
    one day india may faze out r22 as part of the koyto agreement . a masive task for india i know .
    love your fine country, and want to return one day to travel all over again.

Yes , i am also waiting for the day R22 goes out ....You are most welcome to visit India , the best time would be around in the month of August ..

thanks for all your speedy replies...but i am just a consumer , so i dont understand all those technical terms you say ...Please say which is best in the longrun R22 or R410A ??

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

OK, simple answer - R410a.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

r 410 a but not daikin

i appear to have a message from segy about leaving gauges on .
    my pressure test gauge is a single gauge with a fat alumminum block and a shut off , rated to a good over the top never go there range .
    not a set of of service gauges , with the blow out sightglass on them.

you state ur going to purchase an ac unit then ask which gas to buy- the unit you buy will be precharged for upto 15mts on a 3.5kw unit and a 5kw upto 30 mtr- so you might not need to buy any gas,
    but being in india- 410a systems operate at pressures upto 35 bar, not ideal on those warm days, see what systems your neighbours are using

Quote Originally Posted by still learning View Post
    not a set of of service gauges , with the blow out sightglass on them.
    Do you think that the manufacturers such as Refco and Yellow Jacket would put something on the market that would fail under pressure and normal working conditions, leaving them open to lawsuits and damages?

I'm really confused as to where this line of thought came from...sight glasses in service manifolds fail under pressure test with OFN but are alright connected to systems just containing refrigerant?

Please post a link to the relevant data regarding sight glasses failing

Frank is correct.
    A R410a manifold with a sight glass will withstand the pressure exerted upon it by that or any of the *****s that it may be subjected to.
    What it and any other will not survive is being subjected to anything up to 3000psi. Which OFN cylinders can be charged to.

So to clarify, use eyeball gauges for checking working pressures / parameters.

Do not use when pressurising a system with Nitrogen.

Or words to that effect!
    Grizzly

Sometimes the best form of training is stating the bleeding obvious!

Latest Climate Center book has max pressures for various manifolds.
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

TheUglyOne Guest

Daikin isn't bad,but personally i'd go for Mitsubishi Electric. And forget R22, it's banned already. R407C or R410A.

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Do you think that the manufacturers such as Refco and Yellow Jacket would put something on the market that would fail under pressure and normal working conditions, leaving them open to lawsuits and damages?

I'm really confused as to where this line of thought came from...sight glasses in service manifolds fail under pressure test with OFN but are alright connected to systems just containing refrigerant?

Please post a link to the relevant data regarding sight glasses failing
    it happened to a chap who i now work with
    have no idea what gauge it was and it was a while ago , could even of being a old pair of 22 gauges with 410 lines on , some employers will get the very last out of kit .
    this is why i buy my own. and do not loan it.