Confusing The Calculation Part Between Refrigerant's Superheat and Sub cooling

Hi All,

I'm new to learn and gain knowledge in this industry and currently facing a problem regarding the calculation part for refrigerant's superheat and sub cooling,

I searched few ways to calculate but answers that I get is different.

As other website suggested, I get these information to calculate superheat and sub cooling:

Suction Line Temperature: 4'C/39.2'F
    Suction Line Pressure: 32psi / 17.30psig

Liquid Line Temperature: 41.5'C/106.7'F
    Liquid Line Pressure: 230psi / 215.30psig

Indoor Temperature: 3.5'C/38.3'F
    Outdoor Temperature: 27'C/80.6'F

Additionally, is superheat and sub cooling can indicate us the way to control humidity (RH%) in the cleanroom? Because current RH in cleanroom is excess that the RH required.

Thanks...

Re: Confusing The Calculation Part Between Refrigerant's Superheat and Sub cooling

Its related to the refrigerent PT chart.

Subcooling has nothing to do with the RH maintanance. ADP of the cooling coil does. Lower the ADP to reduce the RH!

Re: Confusing The Calculation Part Between Refrigerant's Superheat and Sub cooling

Hi,
    Really Thanks For Your Advice,
    From The PT Chart That Sir Advice, I Should Refer The Temperature To Get Psig or From Psig To Get Temperature?

Read - 101- it will help you with super-heat and sub cooling.
    Last edited by tonyhavcr; 30-04-2013 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hongyunref View Post
    Hi,
    Really Thanks For Your Advice,
    From The PT Chart That Sir Advice, I Should Refer The Temperature To Get Psig or From Psig To Get Temperature?
    No, with the pressure gauge installed in the suction line, see the pressure gauge reading. Now, see the PT chart of the corrosponding refrigerent and see that particular pressure gauge reading, what is the temperature indicated in the chart.
    Nom measure the temperature at the suction line where it enter the compressor (inlet of the condensing unit). Difference between these temperature will give you the value of refrigerent super heat.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Also, read Parker/Sporlan Using the PT Chart as a service tool.

Download article reference 10-135.

http://www.parker.com/portal/site/PA...put=Literature
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015