Remaming refrigerant in the hose

Hi

I intend to charge a small refrigerator which uses 50g of R134A, after vacuum by using a scale,and a small R134A bottle.

But I have some doubts about the remaining refrigerant inside of the hose as the charge is critical.

I intend to open the valve of the bottle and let some refrigerant inside the hose, than open the manifold valve and allow 50g of refrigerant.

Doing like this will really allow 50g of refrigerant into the refrigerator ?

Moises

Re: Remaming refrigerant in the hose

u need to calculate how much volume of refrigerant is withi ur lines and manifold - then charge the 50gram add the extra for the lines- then use a pinch off tool to crimp the pipe so u can braze it up
    or qwik couplers

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Or, if your weighing scales are good enough - place the refrigerator on the scales and then add the refrigerant.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

You may have to do this the old fashioned way when we didn't weigh refrigerant going by pressure and temperature and current. Your gauges and lines could hold half the charge. There have been a few threads on this forum of how to charge domestics for details.