This may be a little off the wall for this forum,but I'm trying to do some research for an idea I'm working on.

Let me star by saying that I am a draft beer dispense technician, but I have limited experience with ***** sytems, ie: I'll change a temperature controller, or do wiring and plumbing, but have not worked with ***** gas.

I have 2 True TDD1 draft beer fridges, both of which have blown compressors.
I also have access to draft beer chillers (for example http://www.beer-co.ca/beer-equipment...er-sealed-tank) at very reasonable cost through work.

What I would like to do if feasible is to convert the 2 True fridges into glycol chilled cabinets. I would remove the compressor completely, remove the cap-tube up to the evaporator and feed a larger diameter tube to the evaporator. Supply the evaporator with chilled propylene glycol (25% solution @ -4C) via a pump switched by a Johnson A419 controller.

My target is to have 2 units cooled this way (2 temp controllers and 2 pumps) with a target temperature in 1 unit of 4C and the other between 12C and 4C depending on the beer that I'm making.

WOULD THIS WORK?

Are there formulae that I could use to determine the flow rate of glycol required, or the capacity of the glycol deck needed?

I would like to have additional capacity if possible so that I could connect a 3rd pump to chill a beer trunk line so that I could have draft beer in my kitchen 10 meters away.

You can all understand. This is a very NOBLE venture (I have wife approval)