RS CK6-D gas powered valve issues

We just installed 12 of the RS CK6-D dual position gas powered valves, these valves have two pilots, both energized= valve closed, both de-energized = valve open Parker says pilot #1 off and #2 on = bleed. This doesn't work, its backwards the way I see it. It's like Parker has their literature wrong, or the valve is stamped wrong. Anyone using this valve? Any input?

Re: RS CK6-D gas powered valve issues

Hi Jason
    We have started using CK-2D valves which are basically the same valve I think. With the CK-2D the valve is open when both are de-energized and shut when both are energized, for bleed coil 1 is de-energized and coil 2 is energizer. This is how we have wired them up and they seem to work fine.
    From the paperwork we have coil 1 operates on the main piston and coil 2 operates on the small or secondary piston. When you leave coil 2 energized and de-energize coil 1 the main piston can only open as far as the small or secondary piston allows.
    Hope this makes sense.
    Regards
    Paul

You should have a regulation pilot somewhere on the RS valve, solenoid pilots are just that either open or closed. Seems odd to have two solenoid pilots. Energized pilot means fully open, de-energized means regulation on second regulatable pilot. Check the Hantech site for clarification of operation of base vav

Go to Parker's site and search CK-2D or CK-6d Parker Literature

Quote Originally Posted by PaulZ View Post
    Go to Parker's site and search CK-2D or CK-6d Parker Literature
    I checked the site and spoke with Parker, couldn't get a straight answer out of them, they seemed to think they may have problems with their literature. Still awaiting a reply?

Switch it and see what happens? I recall sometime ago R/S changed one of their valves so that it took the opposite control to achieve the result. Man, the cobwebs in my head... I'm kind of thinking it was the A4AD though.
    Iceman717

---
    Compressors in the basement, condensers on the roof, evaporators everywhere else. :cool: