HELP! Information on blast chillers

Hi i have joined this forum as im am currently doing a MSC in renewable energy and energy management. part of this course includes some refrigderation and air con practises. i have been given an assignment and part of it is on blast chilling in food processing.

it asks to comment briefly on various forms of blast chilling in common use and discuss the chiller system design indication good practice to ensure optimal energy efficient operation.

my problem is i seem unable to find any different forms of blast chilling. is this simply asking for the type of units used? if so does anyone have any idea where i could find info on this.

Any response is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Re: HELP! Information on blast chillers

Belle,

http://www.bmil.com/bally/nwnotwi.htm has some info.

I don't blast chill, I blast freeze using this technology http://www.ijwhite.com

-Iceman717

I know that poultry is often blast chilled. Secure air flow design is the secret.
    And a wee bit of water spaying.....
    Check it at the leaders in the industrie:
    marel.com
    meyn.com

Check it at the leaders in the industrie:
    marel.com
    meyn.com

Hi are these websites?

Thank you both for your replies, but i dont think i asked my questio clearly. my confusion lies as to what different type of blast chilling methods there are? i am going to put the actual question in at the bottom. do you think it wants me to outline diiferent designs motors etc that can be used in blast chilling or are there different ways of proforming blast chilling?

Thanks again

Air conditioning discussion

Blast chilling is a method of cooling commonly used in food processing. Comment briefly on the various forms of blast chilling in common use and discuss the chiller system design indicating good practice to ensure optimal energy efficient operation. (limit: 6 pages)

pauram Guest

Try AmericanPanel.com

Try manufacturers such as

Foster UK, Williams, Irinox, ThermalRite, Thermo-Kool, Desmon