Thumbs up hotpoint RLA21V larder fridge

My story so far, I have just diagnosed my fidge fault as being the thermostat. so I purchased a genuine hotpoint part and went about removing the old one and fitting the new one when I removed the old one I noticed that the capilary tube slides into a small hole in the inside wall of the fridge when I came to fit the new thermostat I couldn't feed the new tube back down the hole and there is no other way of feeding it through if do try to slide it into the hole it catches on something and starts to kink. so my question is this, would it be possible to secure it somehow to the inside walls of the fridge so that it is visible (i know it will be a bit unsightly) and just have it located near the back wall. obviously not drilling into the back of the fidge wall as that is were the condenser is located.

Re: hotpoint RLA21V larder fridge

if the thermostat capillary is the same length as the old one it will fit
    check out my website www.airkooldomestics.co.uk

No it wouldn't be possible to fit it to the evaporator,would have to be secure by a clamp inbetween the veins of the evaporator which means screws so a no go!
    Try the old capilliary down the tube again to see if it fouls.
    Possibly a smear/blob of vaseline on the end of the phial will help,also try putting a slight bend on the end to try and avoid the obstruction,if it still catches rotate the phial 45 degrees and try again.
    Will only go in a s far as the old one.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving” Einstein

thanks for all your replies I have fitted the capilliary tube just inside the fridge up against the back wall of the fridge so that the tube is almost in contact with the back wall using a very small self tapper on to one of the side shelf supports and everything is working as it should be. the reason I went ahead with doing it that way is I recently fitted a new thermostat in a freinds old fridge and yhe capilliary tube was installed around the condenser almost touching it so I thought doing it the same way would work IT DOES