Destiny22 Guest

the company i work for dont keep proper fgas records

I know for a fact they have no idea whats in any of their reclaim bottles , i have seen people blatanly letting gas go instead of reclaiming it not just a bit ,but ac units that have been pumped down into the condensers took back to the yard and let go . engineers do it on site as well . how are they getting away with this as what that put down on the fgas forms is not whats going off to be destroyed , i have walked as some of the things i have seen them do are insane , no health and saftey at all when i say no health and saftey i dont mean bending the rules a little i mean stuff like pressure testing off ladders with a bottle of n20 cable tied to the ladders whilst members of the public walk below .
    thing is people like this always get away with it , i know there records are all fiction but they probably appear water tight

Re: the company i work for dont keep proper fgas records

• Any further concerns about non-compliance with the F Gas Regulationsshould be reported to the Environment Agency or the local authority.

The person to contact in the Environment Agency regarding compliancewith the F Gas Regulations is:

Christopher Summers
      Chemical Compliance Team
      Waste & Industry Regulatory Service
      Environment Agency
      Quadrant 2
      99 Parkway Avenue
      Sheffield
      S9 4WF

Email: chris.summers@environment-agency.gov.uk

Last edited by install monkey; 04-02-2013 at 07:12 PM. Reason: taken from a previous post by viking

hookster is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

I would forget the F-gas route and report the company to the HSE, they will do a surprise visit for company.
    HSE issues if serious are definitely worth reporting, as improvements are required to protect.
    I love the smell of Ammonia in the morning!

Destiny22, please report to hse and fgas, we all pay a high price to train, recover and dispose of gas properly. It is hard enough to compete with companies that cut a few corners, but blatant disregard for h&s and fgas cant be tolerated.

Well I can,t believe there are Companies out their with total clowns working for them and here i sit 3 months down the line and cannot get a job for love nor money and hold my F gas 2079 and respect the HSE to its fullest,Damn!
    P.S. Anything going in the North West?

The problem comes when people use short cuts and we all get affected. If you go by the book and take pride in each job you do you also expect just rewards ie. Wages but people who aren't bothered will take the jobs for less money and companies don't see this.

I agree. It is best to report these examples to both employer and HSE, together with photographic evidence. It is unfair that some engineers/companies will pay the money for training and do the time in the field, and take pride in the job, yes, then just to be undermined by unqualified people. Besides, F-Gas is annoying paperwork, but takes minutes to do...