Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    0

    Lightbulb Flooded Evaporator?



    Hey friends I want to know in Flooded Evaporator Why the tube Carrying water are Half filled in Shell?Upper portion of shell is empty and lower shell carrying tubes?



  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    England
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,234
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Flooded Evaporator?

    Quote Originally Posted by MayankBhatia View Post
    Hey friends I want to know in Flooded Evaporator Why the tube Carrying water are Half filled in Shell?Upper portion of shell is empty and lower shell carrying tubes?
    Are you saying the shell and tube is only
    half full of water?

    Regards

    Rob

    .
    .. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Somerset
    Age
    63
    Posts
    4,504
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: Flooded Evaporator?

    Hi Mayan.
    Are you viewing this "water" (I see where you are going Rob!) through a site glass with a centrif compressor
    above the evaporator?
    The question is relevant, given the little amount of information you give.
    Grizzly

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Flooded Evaporator?

    I mean The Shell Congaing Refrigerant is Half fill of tubes which contain Water.I am attaching a Similar Image.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    England
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,234
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Flooded Evaporator?

    Quote Originally Posted by MayankBhatia View Post
    I mean The Shell Congaing Refrigerant is Half fill of tubes which contain Water.I am attaching a Similar Image.
    See

    http://nptel.iitm.ac.in/courses/Webc...cture%2023.pdf

    Section 23.4.1 on page 6

    There is a good explanation.

    Basically it gives the refrigerant space to help liquid droplets settle.

    Regards

    Rob

    .
    .. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Age
    39
    Posts
    788
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Flooded Evaporator?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob White View Post
    See

    http://nptel.iitm.ac.in/courses/Webc...cture%2023.pdf

    Section 23.4.1 on page 6

    There is a good explanation.

    Basically it gives the refrigerant space to help liquid droplets settle.

    Regards

    Rob

    .
    What he said

    It's extra space to prevent liquid droplets to follow the gas stream into the compressor.

    on coolers with a full set of tubes in the shell you will have an "expansion" tank on top like in this picture:
    MMC_KVA.jpg
    -Cheers-

    Tycho

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Flooded Evaporator?

    ThankS Rob...It helped...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •