Angry Dx coil control hell

Hello

Can anyone recommend a suitable control strategy / interface / controller for a DX coil on the supply air of a heat recovery unit.

The heat recovery unit has no control output or input of it's own (for the coil) and all the heat pump manufacturers i've looked at so far - MItsu, MHI, Daikin, Hitachi - can only supply an interface between a controller and the heat pump unit.

So i'm looking for a controller or control strategy that we can use to bring on both the air handling unit and also the heat pump for heating / cooling depending on the space temp.

The Mitsi Electric PAC-IF012B-E looks like a suitable interface and the expansion is already on the outdoor unit which will help us out, but it still requires a controller, i'm trying to avoid making up a panel.

Can anyone recommend something?

Thanks

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Dx coil control hell

We have on one site an air handling unit with DX coils fitted that are served by individual Daikin condensing units.

Each coil has the PCB and remote controller from an indoor unit and it seems to work OK.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Have you looked at the Mitsubishi Alpha series http://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/automa...ock=4294574527

We have used these in the past. It is a simple process to design your own control logic using the software http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/logic-...633D4E4F4E4526
    You can download the software from the Mitsi controls website though, don't buy it. You can download a Demo version here http://www.mitsubishi-automation.com...njd37tbrgieca0

Brian, I've looked at the Daikin PAC-IF012bE which they supply with the condensers for third party DX coils but I still think it needs a controller. I've also seen local controllers for Daikin condensers but the whole site was run of a huge panel on BMS, are you saying it can be done solely from the controller, presumably with sensors on the supply and return air? That would be ideal.

Frank, that might be the sort of thing we end up using, i'll have a closer look at RS, I think we need dc ouputs for cooling on / off and fluctuating voltage for capacity control.

Many thanks

All the big name manufacturers do kits for AHU applications you basically buy a suitable duty outdoor unit and the control gear from an indoor unit ,Hook it all up like a big split system add a split controller and away you go.
    Plus they all do various control expansion kits to cater to just about any taste.
    Happy hunting.
    Cheers
    Stu
    Tool's ? check ! Condom's ? check !
    If you can't fix it , f*ck it !!!