Thread: Daikin e4

Daikin e4

Guys

I have a daikin 407c outdoor going out on a e4 fault after about 20 mins of restarting in heating mode .I was on the site briefly and only got to check the suction pressure at the compressor which hovered around 2 bar for 10-15 mins but then starting dropping and eventually goes into a vacuum before faulting out. So i assume the lp switch is ok . I'm back there tomorrow so just wondering if anyone had any ideas. The ambient temp was around 5 , I know 407c has problems at lower temps , I don't like daikin!!!!

FHTCP125B7V1. Indoor x2
    RYP250B7W1 outdoor

Thanks

Re: Daikin e4

E4
    Activation of low pressure sensor........

Defect of low pressure sensor
    Defect of outdoor PCB or
    SOG

Thanks frank, keep it simple , love it . Would a faulty board cause the lp fault though , it obviously must be sog

Daikin say it could...but I would be inclined to recover the charge and take that out of the equation before anything else...

same as the Panasonic urban cu250h1spp- outdoor lev not opening- stick it in test cooling and check ur running pressures

That's what I was wondering monkey was something restricting gas flow??? I agree though frank, have the right gas charge gives me a strange warm feeling .

Panasonic part number cpd 101008j part b10- not listed on a exploded view parts list- b10 is the reference! good luck

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Common problem of some models, do as Frank says, check the gas.

Units will run for some time with gas shortage and then start dropping the pressures as you have seen. Next fault will be high discharge temperature.....
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

check indoor coil temp (code41)

Thanks lads,

Got it sorted , in a way. The system with the e4 fault I couldn't get any good out of it, I recovered the gas, weighed in the correct new charge but the unit still went out on fault after 20 mins. So basically what I did was , there are 2 other identical systems on this site which have been awaiting repairs fans, pcbs, but there hasn't been any go ahead on it for the past few years. So I used good parts from the e4 unit to get one of these units running, happy days.

did u use a long gauge line?? haha
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo9 View Post
    Guys

I have a daikin 407c outdoor going out on a e4 fault after about 20 mins of restarting in heating mode .I was on the site briefly and only got to check the suction pressure at the compressor which hovered around 2 bar for 10-15 mins but then starting dropping and eventually goes into a vacuum before faulting out. So i assume the lp switch is ok . I'm back there tomorrow so just wondering if anyone had any ideas. The ambient temp was around 5 , I know 407c has problems at lower temps , I don't like daikin!!!!

FHTCP125B7V1. Indoor x2
    RYP250B7W1 outdoor

Thanks