Daikin FTXS new K Series

Hi, I I'm trying to get hold of the new Daikin ftxs42k that Daikin have been advertising on their website since November, but they won't let me have one. they say that they want to sell the old j series stock first.

Is anyone here in the same position and has been told when the new model will be available.

thanks

LonghoC Guest

Re: Daikin FTXS new K Series

Hi, I had the same question ! did a "contact us" on the Dakin website, got reply saying that FTXS-J still being sold out of existing stock by most redistributors but -K series will be more widely available from April. If you're in the UK, Climate Center are now listing the -K series (for same prices a -J series). Not done a stock check but assume they wouldn't list it is wasn't available. Looking to investigate this new -K series for it's promised low operating noise. Got my fingers burned by installing an Emura (FTXG) in a bedroom and am horrified by how noisy it turned out to be ! Rated as 22dB cooling / 25dB heating but as usual you absolutely have to look at the actual noise curve. The Emura has a heavily weighted "rumble" at the low frequency end of the spectrum which is pretty much impossible to remedy. So hoping FTXS-K will fix -- talk about learning a lesson the expensive way...

Re: Daikin FTXS new K Series

Funnily enough I originally asked for an Emura but then I spotted the ftxs and changed my mind to that one, also because it is quieter. Odd marketing strategy that you advertise something on a website then tell customers they can't have it! Oh well I'm not helping them shift a J - will just wait for a K.