just a general question

whats the bet air to water heat pump gents? the altermas seem to have lots of issues so that leaves? mitsi? samsung panasonic need to fit one for a customer about 9kws and dont want to go down the low grade stuff looking for relaibility and quality and ideas guys

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: just a general question

Haven't used any of these but I believe Danfoss are worth a look having been designed to operate in low ambient conditions.
    http://www.heatpumps.danfoss.co.uk/C...4eb21c88c.html
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

I have fitted Altherma, Ecodan & Lg i thought the ecodans were the obvious choice for me, but they are quite pricey. Altherma are Typically Daikin and require a lot of setting up and parameter setting (field settings) however if it were my money i would opt for LG if i could get it a lot cheaper than Ecodan.

I have found that even budget brands are quite good Samsung, sanyo, panasonic. steer clear of old technology and "non inverter" grant, worcester, dimplex etc...and get a fridge company to supply it, not a plumber (you wouldn't go to a newsagent if you wanted to buy a Tent would you?!!!) a fridge company will be better placed to stand any warranty issues.

have you looked at fujitsu units

Looked at several lg worry me after fitting lots in early 2000 never again the Panasonic is to manny elec supplies the daikin I can't handle the warranties allowance I can stay home and earn nothing so its Mitsubishi or poss Samsung just done a course on Samsung and it looks alright MHz are to far behind on water looking at some danfoss next week and Fujitsu never new they done one but atat

Haven't used them but Hitachi also do one.

Just been on the Stiebel Eltron installer course but won't be fitting any....controls are way behind others.

I have no idea about it but your question is very interesting. I try hard to solve your problem and give your answer as fast as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie patt View Post
    Looked at several lg worry me after fitting lots in early 2000 never again the Panasonic is to manny elec supplies the daikin I can't handle the warranties allowance I can stay home and earn nothing so its Mitsubishi or poss Samsung just done a course on Samsung and it looks alright MHz are to far behind on water looking at some danfoss next week and Fujitsu never new they done one but atat
    ME and Daikin seem to quite up together with their quoting and sizing from what I can see. Now the others seem to be catching up.

I've messed about a bit with the Panasonic one. Seemed pretty good. Controller was fairly simple but when a warranty issue appeared with a unit, coming up with fan motor error going through main PCB and motors the Panasonic backup was so sheite if it was my job I wouldn't entertain them which is a shame as the unit and training seemed good. Oh, and the taking out of the sacrifical anode from their tanks so they could fit the pressure relief valve instead with a 'oh well, it'll be years before that has any repercussions so don't worry about it' didn't fill me with confidence either.

The Fujitsu one is the only other one I've tinkered with. Unfortunately FGE don't seem as set up for it yet compared to the others but in Germany it has been a success. The monobloc is the only option at the moment but i suspect the split version is coming. Controller is a rebadged Seimens and seemed far more complex than the Panasonic but I guess it just need a bit of time to get to know it.

Cheers,
    Andy.
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

You have lots of options but i will suggest you Samsung

Have used the Daikin LT and HT Althermas, they work well. The Mitsi Ecodan also works very well. Not had chance to use the Mitsi split type system. They are all quite expensive, but with the RHI about to start they could prove to be a worthwhile investment if installed and set up properly..
    Mobile A/C at its best, see avatar.
    Bedford. Now retired and trying to relax.

Been fitting Delonghi for years and are easy to set up and trouble free.
    Switching to Panasonic as they use inverters and are easy to set up.
    A lot of the companies technical and aftersales are not as good as the appliance industry yet.

I have installed Worcester. The hydrobox is Worcester and the condensing unit is a de badged mitsi electric. Good bit of kit and straight forward to install and set up. I have a big Altherma job to do in the summer but haven't used them yet...

Hey guys, I am new here, but let me share some professional experience about A2W, as I have installed Toshiba, Samsung and Panasonic A2W units.

The Toshiba is definitely the most advanced in terms of quality of the product and energy efficiency in the low temperatures range. The 8kW model manages to keep its heating capacity in low ambient very well and with much much efficiency than the equivalent Daikin.

Panasonic used to be s**t units, but this year they managed to release new products, which are very very nice. Check out the efficiencies and the prices, you will be amazed.

From Samsung I am quite happy with the monoblock unit. Its price is the best and the unit's parameters are better than Daikin (at warmer than 5 degC)

Here is a 2014 catalogue for the new Panasonic Aquarea units:
    http://www.climamarket.bg/wp-content...AQUAREA-14.pdf

Technical Data Book for the Samsung Mono and Split units:
    http://www.climamarket.bg/wp-content...Draft_1201.pdf
    http://www.climamarket.bg/wp-content...B-EHS-2013.pdf

Toshiba Estia 4th Gen catalogue and Tech Data Book here:
    http://www.climamarket.bg/wp-content...-2013-2014.pdf
    http://www.climamarket.bg/wp-content...-data-book.pdf

If any questions arise I will be more than happy to answer.

rgds!

Quote Originally Posted by AC_From_Hell View Post
    From Samsung I am quite happy with the monoblock unit. Its price is the best and the unit's parameters are better than Daikin (at warmer than 5 degC)
    I ment warmer than -5 degC

Some of the Daikin LT split and monoblock units can be specified to give cooling to the water. However if you are circulating it to underfloor heating loops, you have to limit the temperature of the water to prevent condensation forming in the floor.
    It is best suited to the fan convector type radiators with drip trays installed.
    If you circulate chilled water around ordinary radiators, you will get condensation on the surface which will drip onto the floor. The condensation will lead to premature external rusting of the steel radiators.
    So whilst it can be down, there are limitations.
    Mobile A/C at its best, see avatar.
    Bedford. Now retired and trying to relax.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie patt View Post
    whats the bet air to water heat pump gents? the altermas seem to have lots of issues so that leaves? mitsi? samsung panasonic need to fit one for a customer about 9kws and dont want to go down the low grade stuff looking for relaibility and quality and ideas guys

Tried this pump, CEN heat pump Commercial circulating air to water heat pump Feature:
    1. Compressor use USA famous brand-Copeland;
    2. Expansion valve use use USA ALCO;
    3. Evaporator use integrated hydrophobic.